Warm & Healthy Snacks

Options
dbreun
dbreun Posts: 3
So, I need some snacks that I can eat at night that are warm. It's always freezing in this house, and I end up craving something warm and hearty. Any suggestions? Oh, I'm a diabetic, too.

Replies

• ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    How about those little soup to go things? They're like little Campbell's soup cups, small and microwaveable. Yummy!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    soup? eggs... eating protein right before bed is better than anything else because your body uses it while you sleep and keeps your metabolism going (so my personal trainer says) so eggs would be great! throw a little bit of meats and veggies in it and you got yourself a hearty snack/meal.
  • kk281
    kk281 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    How about those little soup to go things? They're like little Campbell's soup cups, small and microwaveable. Yummy!

i've noticed those things tend to be loaded with sodium though, i'd get the reduced sodium kind, if you can find it. also a nice egg-white omelet with maybe some spinach and tomatoes would do nicely
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Maybe a glass of warm skim milk? You could even make it into hot chocolate (light hershey syrup) or hot vanilla (vanilla flavoring and splenda/truvia/fake sugar).
  • kingurgio
    kingurgio Posts: 8
    Options
    I find a glass of warm milk really helps me feel full, and does a great job helping go to sleep!
    7240510.png
  • KLaurean
    KLaurean Posts: 112
    Options
    Have you tried some oatmeal with cinnamon apples?
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Tea is nice when it's cold out. I find that it curbs my hunger too.
  • arabellastrange
    Options
    Oats! Porridge in the morning, Oatibix and hot milk last thing at night :)) That's what I do. Warmth and slow release energy is so good.
  • ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My favourite: 1/2 cup canned pumpkin mixed with 1 egg white, cinnamon, vanilla and sweetener. Microwave for 2-3 mins and enjoy! I top mine with a little sugar free syrup and fat free whip...so good!