GM Diet

Options
I'm just wondering if anyone has tried and what was the outcome?? I'm currently on Day 4 and it seems to be getting a little easier....Please no negative comments.

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    What does GM stand for?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    It's the same as any other hyper-restrictive short term diet. You'll lose a bunch of water weight, and the moment you go back to anything resembling a sustainable eating pattern, the weight will come right back.

• Aheyman09
    Aheyman09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone....GM= General motors.....I'm mainly using it t o back into eating healthy....2014 was a tough year and I let myself go...Its not a permanent fix and I know that but I need to get back..
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Thanks now I understand better. We all need a starting point so we can work our way forward. I sure do learn new things because of MFP posts. :)
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    So following a diet......created by a car company? And I just looked it up, holy cow restrictive!
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    OMG that looks like a super hard diet....Not for me. I love food too much. Honestly do not see the benefit other than jumpstarting weightloss. But just sounds too painful for me. Good luck.
  • rachelchase40
    rachelchase40 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    So I tried this diet this summer about two months before finding and starting MFP... It claims you can lose up to 10 pounds in one week. I stopped after the fruit and veggie days (I think it was day 4) and I didn't even try the soup because I'm not a big onion fan. I lost 2 pounds and put it right back on. On my first week of MFP I lost 3.8 pounds and am still losing. I know it is water weight but it was way more encouraging to see the 3.8 lb loss than the 2 lb loss. MFP doesn't restrict any foods (you probably already know this) and it is way easier to stick to than the gm diet. I'm not trying to be negative or tear you down in any way but please don't do this to yourself, from what I experienced it isn't worth it at all. I took a look at your profile and I'm not sure if your ticker is updated or not based on
    Aheyman09 wrote: »
    2014 was a tough year and I let myself go...Its not a permanent fix and I know that but I need to get back..
    but you have lost weight before (I'm assuming on MFP) just do it again and stick to it. Find your permanent fix and know that it's OK if you hit a rough patch, just get back to it :)
  • EmmaGFree
    EmmaGFree Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5. Days 1 and 2 were killers- hideous hunger and migraine. .. then vomiting, but I always vomit with a migraine so I pressed on. Day 3, I was over the caffine/sugar/junk withdrawl and it was easy... ditto for day 4 and today. I have not weighed myself but I'm feeling great and really, HONESTLY have not felt cravings or hunger for 3 days. I know I will complete the week and this kick start has awakened my taste buds to gorgeous fruit and stirfrys and eating meat and veggies for breakfast. Give it a go...
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The whole thing is a myth. There never was a General Motors diet.
  • EmmaGFree
    Options
    Yes Yarwell, anyone who does the diet or does the slighest reading on it discovers that the name is an urban myth. However the eating programme is real, with lots of people attempting it, some with great success.
  • EmmaGFree
    Options
    I lost 3kg, and after days 1 and 2 it was easy to stick to. I have carried on eating healthily and shall do the 7 day programme again in a month.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Had a look at the meal plans. Looks like you are consuming 600 calories a day max. That's basically a diet plan for someone with an eating disorder. Not healthy, stop doing it immediately.

I also thought it was kind of amusing that it forbid all sugars (all sugars!!) and then the first day was just fruit.

Breakfast (8:30 AM-9:00 AM)

1 cup of diced apples and 1-2 glasses of water

Mid morning Snack (10:30 AM-11:00 AM)

1 bowl raw papaya and 1-2 glasses of water

Lunch (12:00 PM-1:30 PM)

1 bowl of watermelon or muskmelon and 1-2 glasses of water

Afternoon Snack (4:00-4:30 PM)

1 orange/sweet lime/chico fruit and 2 glasses of water

Evening (6:00-6:30 PM)

1 glass coconut water

Dinner (8:00-9:00 PM)

1 bowl of melon and 2 glasses of water