Hello from Scotland

Options
stphq
stphq Posts: 8
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, Thought I should introduce myself.

I came to this site a wee while back as I was impressed with it from seeing my girlfriends successful usage of it.. and she promised the people here are nice :P hehe.

I am not on the site to lose weight, I am using the food diary to help me gain a few pounds but mainly to help monitor what I'm eating daily for my type 2 diabetes control. I am happy with using it to that extend.

So I'm John, born in Scotland, near edinburgh and lived hear all my life. Love Scotland with a passion lol.

Don't know how much I'll be on the forums but if anyone wants to say hello thats great :)

Replies

• ademott2015
    ademott2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi John from Scotland! Good luck on your journey!
  • Curet1d
    Options
    Hi John! Best wishes. Type 2 diabetes stinks.
  • Fuchsiagenii
    Options
    Hello John,
    Hubby and I love Scotland and usually have a hol in the summer and then again in the autumn for the colours and got an Xmas present from our daughter of a piece of land in Glencoe and some other. 1ft square and a 3ft square. We're not going to bother with our new "titles" :smile:

With regard to "friendly" this depends on which forum you go on and what it is about. I have not experienced "friendly", but there are some really nice folks aside the ones that are not nice - I joined 10 days ago.

We are both Type 2, hubby on insulin and tablets. I am just on tablets since September 2013. I was glucose intolerant for about 5-6 years before being diagnosed with diabetes.
    I have a parent with Type 2.

Wishing you and your girlfriend all the best.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi John! I'm in Dundee, so just up the road from you! I hope you find the site useful to monitor your intake for your Type II diabetes! Wishing you every success!
  • stphq
    stphq Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for the replies people :smiley: .. Fuchsiaganii, all forums have their nice people, drama queens and trouble makers lol. I am used to that from photography/modelling forums as I shoot modelling photography a lot. You learn to ignore the trouble makers and not feed the "trolls" as they are so affectionately known lol.

There is always the nice ones though who make it all worthwhile :smile:

I have been a type 2 diabetic for over 2 and half years now, started off on 3 metformin tablets a day and got myself down to 2 a day with some simple food changes and trying to get out walking more. Walking is about my limit exercise-wise as I also have osteoarthritis in my left hip socket which also sometimes plays up in my knees.

Basically I turned 40 and started falling apart lol.. be 43 end of february and coping with the diabetes and arthritis better than i was at first :wink:
  • Fuchsiagenii
    Options
    Hello John,

Thanks for the tips about the "friendly trolls".

Hubby has come across the them on the infrared forum. He is on other photography forums that are fine. His thing is creative, infrared, close-up, landscape and general photography. I just do point and shoot. The picture of my ID is one that I photographed of my clematis. The larger version doesn't look out of focus as the small picture.
    I won first prize with a close-up of one of my other flowers. This was with Vernons and my prize of £50 worth of plants will arrive in the Spring.

Yep, my started to fall apart (health wise) at the age of 40 too.

My sugar levels went up after the steroid injections into my legs before Xmas. This is common with steroid injections. But came down after a few weeks. I am not able to walk well due to knee, hip and back problems, but am OK with swimming. I avoid the gym because some years ago I went to get fit and damaged my fibrial posterial tendon (the tendon that runs from the heel up the leg) in my right leg and could not walk on it for 9 months. This was with using the treadmill. :(

Glad that you got your diabetes in control.

Best wishes.