Are you eating real food and losing weight?

Options
Hi,
I'm a woman in late 40's and would love some mutual support for weight loss! Please add me if you're working out and losing weight eating real food every day. Although there is nothing wrong with protein shakes, its just not for me. I need to eat and chew real food. If not, I end up eating even more calories than I should because my brain is telling me I haven't eaten! I know its possible and many are out there doing it! Please feel free to add me if you're in the same boat! Thanks!

Replies

• emylou37
    emylou37 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm emma and 44 yrs. I do eat real food lol and have lost 19lbs with mfp since nov. Add me if you wanna chat.x
  • ddoerr57
    ddoerr57 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am eating real food and have lost 50+ lbs in 54 weeks. This really works, as long as you record your food, exercise appropriately, and stay inside your calorie count. Good luck!
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I guess I've been doing it all wrong. Darn plastic food!
  • kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kim here. I'm 44 and eat real food and have lost a few pounds since starting MFP in early January. I do use protein shakes for the occasional quick meal but like you I prefer real food. Friend request coming your way.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yes I only eat real food. No gimmicks here. My motto is eat plenty and exercise the excess calories away. I will send you a friend request.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I eat everything in moderation, & lost 20ish pounds last year. I don't believe in giving anything up. Add me if you'd like!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    If I ate all real food, I would have to eat too much of it to get enough protein. :) I think my chocolate protein shake with bananas is "real" food, in fact I just finished lifting so I am going to make one right now. :)
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    If I ate all real food, I would have to eat too much of it to get enough protein. :) I think my chocolate protein shake with bananas is "real" food, in fact I just finished lifting so I am going to make one right now. :)

Yes protein shakes are OK for body builders I suppose but real food for us normal mortals who just want to !lose werightl works a treat.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

Really? I eat a lot of protein without shakes. And not high calorie foods. It's all about what you are eating.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I do not eat pretend food.

Yes protein shakes are OK for body builders I suppose but real food for us normal mortals who just want to !lose werightl works a treat.

What is wrong with protein shakes..it's just protein. Some people have problems hitting their macros without them. It has nothing to do with being a body builder.
  • Kendall2006
    Kendall2006 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I eat real food. I'm 35. But I like protein shakes every morning. It helps me curb my junk food eating.
  • asilva66
    asilva66 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't mean to offend anyone using protein shakes! There's nothing wrong with them, they are just not for me! My brain does not accept shakes as food and make me want to eat more throughout the day! Besides, I love food! I think I eat pretty healthy already. I just need some tweaking in my diet and I'd love it if you shared your menus with me. it gives me ideas for future meals if you're having success! I share my menu as well so maybe you'll get an idea or two from me. :) Thank you!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    asilva66 wrote: »
    Don't mean to offend anyone using protein shakes! There's nothing wrong with them, they are just not for me! My brain does not accept shakes as food and make me want to eat more throughout the day! Besides, I love food! I think I eat pretty healthy already. I just need some tweaking in my diet and I'd love it if you shared your menus with me. it gives me ideas for future meals if you're having success! I share my menu as well so maybe you'll get an idea or two from me. :) Thank you!

No offense taken, at least from me. The 'real food' label is a bit of a touchy subject here as people try to say that things like pizza and ice cream are not 'real food' and are garbage - which is silly. I get what you are trying to say - you like to chew your food. Not much help here re menus as I am a crap cook so have a lot pre-prepared food and drink copious amounts of milk. One 'go-to' snack/lunch item I like is greek yogurt with a bunch of fruit (I make a compote type thingy by boiling down mixed frozen berries). You get a load of protein from the yogurt and lots of vits from the fruit. Not very chewy though =).
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You are more than welcome to view my diary. I eat whatever I am in the mood for. I am down 41 lbs in 7 months give or take. I don't do strict diets because I don't stick to them. I have tried every diet and diet pill out there and not any of them work and if they appear to be working and next thing you know, you gain it and then some back once you decide to quit. I drink plenty of water and plain green tea, exercise 30-45 minutes a day and if I don't feel like exercising a day or two I don't stress over it, I probably need a rest anyway. You can add me if you like. I am also 45.
  • EPHarbor
    EPHarbor Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi -I'm with you on chewing my food. Tempted to go the shake route, but I need to be able to do sustainable eating for the long haul. I'm 51 and have ~80lbs to go. They'll be gone eventually. ;)
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I eat real food and fake food too :)
  • chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I guess I've been doing it all wrong. Darn plastic food!

You beat me to it lol
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

No offense taken, at least from me. The 'real food' label is a bit of a touchy subject here as people try to say that things like pizza and ice cream are not 'real food' and are garbage - which is silly. I get what you are trying to say - you like to chew your food. Not much help here re menus as I am a crap cook so have a lot pre-prepared food and drink copious amounts of milk. One 'go-to' snack/lunch item I like is greek yogurt with a bunch of fruit (I make a compote type thingy by boiling down mixed frozen berries). You get a load of protein from the yogurt and lots of vits from the fruit. Not very chewy though =).

Can I just say? DAyUM girl! I want your abs!
  • asilva66
    asilva66 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm a woman in late 40's and would love some mutual support for weight loss! Please add me if you're working out and losing weight eating real food every day. Although there is nothing wrong with protein shakes, its just not for me. I need to eat and chew real food. If not, I end up eating even more calories than I should because my brain is telling me I haven't eaten! I know its possible and many are out there doing it! Please feel free to add me if you're in the same boat! Thanks!