CHALLENGE FOR JANUARY 2015 -- Say "NO" To Late Night Snacking

Options

Replies

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I snack way too much after dinner. I'll need to join this group next month. Last night after dinner, I had about 1500 calories in snacks (dried persimmons and larabars). It made for a great run this morning, but it is sabotaging my shaping goals.
  • Lesley40
    Options
    OMG this is soooo me. Please tell me what may work for you. I just started MFP so please add me if u can. Looking forward to doing this with you all.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I would live to join in. I snack way too late, and cutting my snacking short at night has had a big impact on my success in the past. Count me in for the rest of the month!
  • caro123shepp
    caro123shepp Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Day 1 new streak
    Me: 1
    LNS: 0

:D
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good points, Carol123. My resolve faded for awhile. So, sadly, LNS is beating me, but I plan to turn that around this evening!
    Me: 11
    LNS: 12
  • caro123shepp
    Options
    Keep strong!
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    As predicted this was a bad week. My daughter's birthday, so lots of eating out, and the cake in the fridge for a few days.
    Jan 23
    Me: 6
    LNS: 4

Oh week, back on the bandwagon.
  • capricorn2721
    capricorn2721 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great challenge. I try not to snack after 9pm and have to keep reminding myself that it is way too close to bedtime to be eating anything at that hour. If I can have a planned snack around 7:30, it's ok. Usually a cup of tea and a piece of fruit will satisfy. Gotta remember just to take it one day at a time.
  • FunUsername
    FunUsername Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Would love to join. Late I know but am sure this will continue into Feb
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Can I join please? I have just found this thread, and late night snacking is one of my biggest bad habits even though I make sure I 'save' calories for in the evenings! I tend to find that I am not actually hungry, I just eat through boredom.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    spillano wrote: »
    Would love to join. Late I know but am sure this will continue into Feb
    Yes, welcome to the challenge, and yes, it will be in February too! :D
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Restart Date: 1/19 (lost track during the month)

Jan 25

Me: 3*
  • caro123shepp
    Options
    Me:4
    LNS: 2 :D
  • teehyder
    teehyder Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    im a mom of two and late nights is my worst ! as I watch tv then and unwind im starting tonight - how often do we have to check in ? thanks
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Me: 1
    LNS: 2

Trying to stay focused here. I know my challenge right now is that I have a "snack" or a tea for dinner, and then forget to eat a real dinner, and just keep snacking all night. I will fix this starting tonight! I have a wonderful dinner cooking at this very moment. :)
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    teehyder wrote: »
    im a mom of two and late nights is my worst ! as I watch tv then and unwind im starting tonight - how often do we have to check in ? thanks
    You can check in once a day, if you can. Otherwise every couple of days is fine. I went quite a few days without checking in but am trying to get better with it.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options

Jan 26

Me: 4*
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Me: 4
    LNS: 2
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options

Jan 29

Me: 6*
    Binge: 5
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    New challenge coming up in a couple of days for February. Anyone interested?