Workout ideas for large chested woman

Options
2»

Replies

• stargazgal
    stargazgal Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    38DDD here...sports bras don't work for me at all.

What does work is a regular, supportive underwire bra plus a shaper top. I have several from Target that have worn very well--the brand is Self Expressions. They distribute the force all over the trunk and make all kinds of exercise much more comfortable.

Yup. 36 DD. I also wear an "older uglier" lol bra and then compression sports bra on top. I also really like the Champion sports bras . :)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    This is what I mean by shaper top. I'm sure there are other brands/types that would work, but these have worn incredibly well. I've been using the same two for several years with frequent washing and they are still stretchy.

target.com/p/maidenform-self-expressions-women-s-suddenly-skinny-with-firm-control-tummy-toning/-/A-12908834#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=self+expressions+suddenly+skinny
  • kirstycecilia
    kirstycecilia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34GG and wear panache under wired sports bras and can pretty much do anything in them- including insanity which includes lots of jumping!!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I can't help but feel a little sad every time these posts come up and I see ladies much smaller in the chest than I saying they absolutely have to double up on bras or not exercise. I wear a 36/38G and I can do anything, wearing just a good sports bra. I have Panache, Freya, and (2) Shock Absorber and love them all for different reasons. The trick is finding the correct size- they are not all the same- and finding one with a racerback option. The racerback makes all the difference in the world for support. I really think you can't go wrong with any of these, and with only a size DD, you can probably find even more brands that fit well and are available in store. In a good bra, I can run, jump, twist, do just about anything with full support. If your budget is tight, keep a constant check on Amazon. They will often discount certain sizes in certain colors. You just have to keep checking every few days.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am a 42G now and used to double up on sports bras when I was smaller and I still had some bounce, plus the straps of two bras dug into my shoulders and hurt my back. Currently, if I plan on jogging on the treadmill, or jumping rope, I will wear my Enell bra. They can be a pain getting into, but they are MARVELOUS! They take all the pressure off of my shoulders and back, and I do not bounce at all. They are worth every penny and are made really well. I initially balked at the price tag, but now I won't use anything else for a high impact workout. If I am going to do a rowing, biking, or kettlebell workout I just wear my Playtex 18 hour bra and I am fine.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Hi! I know exactly where you're coming from! I'm currently wearing a 38 GG bra (yep, you read that right), and have been in the DD+ range since I was all of 14 years old. The suggestions about getting a great bra are spot-on.

For me, the best bras are Freya and Panache. I use HerRoom.com to buy my bras. I especially like their "universal sizing" for finding the correct fit. The way that most stores measure bras for large-busted women is wrong. You need to measure the fullest part of your breasts, then the size under your breasts (ribcage). Fullest - Ribcage = #inches to band. There's a great guide at HerRoom.com which I've linked.

For me, the Freya Active Underwire and Panache Full-Busted Underwire Sports Bra both have worked very well.

As far as exercises go, I've had success with swimming, dancing, hiking and the elliptical trainer. I can't run thanks to major joint issues (thank you hereditary arthritis!), but I think these bras would keep one steady for that as well. Don't forget weight training! Our large breasts can be a bit cumbersome for some weight routines,but there are many that we can achieve proper form. Even better, weight training won't make your breasts bounce if done right (well, except for those crazy jumping squats things).