Belly fat !

Options
I honestly just need to loose weight around my stomach lower abdomen. I have lost 80lbs so far since last year but I still just can't seem to loose the weight around my belly ! Help any tips

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you've been doing. It will go away eventually.
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    The stomach is the last to go away IMO, and even if you are at goal weight if you aren't doing ab work, the loose skin will probably remain
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Keep losing more. It's the last thing to go.
  • sdmami
    sdmami Posts: 2
    Options
    your not alone, that's my problem area too. I lost 60lbs 2 yrs ago and have been keeping it off since. it's super hard and people seem to think that since the weight is gone, I can eat whatever I want. mine came from having 3 kids but I was never this skinny anyway. I've noticed though when I consume to much sugar I get more flabby around that area. im a diet soda drinker and I don't drink alot a day but I know that has to do alot with my belly being flabby. I even workout 3 days a week and it still seems to look the same. try cutting down on sugar, that might be ur problem too, good luck :D
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Robbnva wrote: »
    The stomach is the last to go away IMO, and even if you are at goal weight if you aren't doing ab work, the loose skin will probably remain

Ab work won't tighten loose skin. If that was the case doctors would suggest crunches instead of a panniculectomy.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • Robbnva
    Options
    Good point
  • usmcmp
    Options
    I have awesome abs and still have loose skin. It might continue to tighten over time, but depends on how elastic my skin is.

20130520_195337_zps6ac16694.jpg
  • giannamariex333
    giannamariex333 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much guys !
  • sschoof27
    Options
    Is it mostly skin that you are worried about, or fat? For loose skin, hydration, exfoliation, daily lotion with elastin, clean eating, and time :) What pp said, stay away from sugar but also from loading up on carbs. I stay around 80g of carbs a day and don't eat processed foods. Lower amounts of carbs work for me, but you may need to stay in the 100's to lose a small to moderate amount of weight.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    sschoof27 wrote: »
    Is it mostly skin that you are worried about, or fat? For loose skin, hydration, exfoliation, daily lotion with elastin, clean eating, and time :) What pp said, stay away from sugar but also from loading up on carbs. I stay around 80g of carbs a day and don't eat processed foods. Lower amounts of carbs work for me, but you may need to stay in the 100's to lose a small to moderate amount of weight.

Cutting carbs or sugar isn't necessary for weight loss. Most of the time when people cut back on carbs they start eating meals that are more filling and stick to their calorie allowance better. I ate cake and pizza until a couple of weeks before my last bodybuilding competition. It fit my macros and I stuck to my calorie allowance.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    sschoof27 wrote: »

What?

OP keep losing fat, eating at your deficit. Congrats on your loss so far, your belly is going to look great. Give it time.
  • sonya1007
    sonya1007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started reading all of the post. Been working out & dieting for the last 3 months & lost 14# so far. My question is I've heard that bananas are bad when it comes to losing belly fat, that's my biggest problem any thoughts on this fruit I love.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    sonya1007 wrote: »
    Just started reading all of the post. Been working out & dieting for the last 3 months & lost 14# so far. My question is I've heard that bananas are bad when it comes to losing belly fat, that's my biggest problem any thoughts on this fruit I love.

What you have heard is incorrect and has no factual basis.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    You've done wonderfully in losing 80 lbs, congratulations! Like others have said, just keep doing what you're doing and eventually it'll come off. Unfortunately we can't spot reduce where fat will come off (would be amazing if that were possible). But seriously, 80lbs is amazing!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Jeez I hope not. I love fruit, especially bananas!!
  • jonathantwalsh
    jonathantwalsh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bananas are high on the glycemic index which spikes your blood sugar. That in turn causes issues with losing weight. I struggle with belly fat also, but like some of the others said it could be last to go.
  • jonathantwalsh
    jonathantwalsh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I honestly just need to loose weight around my stomach lower abdomen. I have lost 80lbs so far since last year but I still just can't seem to loose the weight around my belly ! Help any tips

Congrats on 80 lbs. Keep it up
  • Robbnva
    Options

I.eat a banana almost every day, sometimes twice. I lost 80lbs.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Bananas are high on the glycemic index which spikes your blood sugar. That in turn causes issues with losing weight. I struggle with belly fat also, but like some of the others said it could be last to go.

So, are you saying that eaten within a calorie deficit, a high GI food will cause issues with losing weight?

What issues are these?

Any chance you can evidence this comment, in reference to eating high GI foods within a calorie deficit?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

So, are you saying that eaten within a calorie deficit, a high GI food will cause issues with losing weight?

What issues are these?

Any chance you can evidence this comment, in reference to eating high GI foods within a calorie deficit?

I'd like to see some solid evidence of this too. Or is it something you read on the interweb in passing? ?