Looking for motivating friends! :)

Options
Started dieting a week ago and am looking for motivating friends to help keep me going. My husband and I are doing the Keto diet (low carb, high fat, medium protein) so you dont need to watch the calories to a point just pay more attention to the carbohydrate intake. We have done our research to see if this is a good diet so I would not like anyone to try to bring me down or preach to me about how they think its a bad diet. We know it works and if you do it correctly and listen to your body then we believe its okay. So that's what we are doing until we lose the 80 pounds for me and 90 pounds for my husband that we need to lose and then to maintain our weight we will just count calories. I am so ready to look and feel better but in the past I have had many slip ups and then just went down hill with eating poorly.

Replies

• ahokay89
    ahokay89 Posts: 353
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi and Welcome!

Good luck to you and your husband!
  • julziepal
    Options
    I've never heard of that "diet" I'm also wanting some determined friends. Please feel free to add me...:)
  • EmilyWalker07
    EmilyWalker07 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    julziepal wrote: »
    I've never heard of that "diet" I'm also wanting some determined friends. Please feel free to add me...:)

It's kind of like a low carb diet but you eat high fat too. The purpose is for your body to burn up the glucose and when that's done then it will start burning fat. My dad has done the diet a few times and has had great success. Unfortunately some of my familly has a hard time of consuming too much bad food resulting in gaining weight back. I just had a baby 6 months ago and a couple weeks ago I got on the scale and saw that I gained 5 pounds since the last time I was weighed at my 6 week appointment. It really bothered me so from that day I decided that I have got to change or before I know it I'm going to be even bigger which I'm already at the heaviest and biggest clothes size I've ever been! Thankfully I've lost 6 pounds this past week and I know its probably just water weight but it sure feels good to see things going in the right direction. Good luck to everyone with their journey of weight loss!! :smile:
  • AliluniqueLaura
    AliluniqueLaura Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight and I am NOT on a diet. I am learning portion control and fitness. I will be able to eat like this for my lifetime. I love MFP