Bra Exercises ?

Options
Hey y'all ! Recently while my mom was having a stress test on her heart, I went to the mall and bought some undies at Aerie. I was gonna get some bras as well, but their band size in my local store only goes up to a 36/38D and I'm a 40D.

Is there any exercises I can do, to not TARGET the band area, but just work on it ? I have 5lbs dumbells, and a 12lbs medicine ball with handles. Absolutely no ball slams because I workout in the basement and it'll sound like I fell and the house'll shake.

Replies

• maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    The "band area" will reduce if overall body fat reduces. That's the only way I know how to do it.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    As an interim measure, you can buy a bra extender, they're cheap and can " tie you in" until you shed a few pounds and go to a lower band size.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You will reduce as your overall weight goes down. Love the bra extender idea.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    As an interim measure, you can buy a bra extender, they're cheap and can " tie you in" until you shed a few pounds and go to a lower band size.

A bra extender doesn't make the cup larger. If the poster is correct about her size (a lot of women wear the wrong size, usually too large band and too small cup), her "sister" size is 38 DD, not 38D. As the band size goes down, the cup goes up, and vice versa. Thus, 38D = 40C.

Just work on losing weight. The bra band size will go down. It will probably go down a size in only 10-15 pounds.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I recommend going to Nordstrom to get a bra fitting. Nothing against Aerie, but I know that Victoria Secret gives BS fittings. They fit people to fit into their bras, which is piss poor if you ask me.
  • Nekrachael
    Nekrachael Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    FWIW, some (like me) do not see a big change in bra size until well into a weight loss journey. And it was definitely related to overall body fat. That band area was the last place I noticed much change in size. Working on muscle tone for the upper body, like push and pull exercises, will make a difference once there is less fat (if fat is your issue), but not until then.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    It might be worth checking that you've actually got the right size. Most of the bras I buy are made with the band size being the same as your actual chest circumference, even though they don't say this on the manufacturers website, or sometimes even on bra fitting websites. As said before, a lot of people tend to be wearing too big a band size. So do a bit of measuring and see if you're actually maybe a 38DD or even a 36E.

Otherwise bra extenders are great.

If you do want to work your pecs at home, I think pressups are a good exercise. But I don't see why it would reduce bra size?