new here..looking for motivation

Options
Hey everyone I'm new here...I'm a single mom that works full time and my son is ADHD so its hard for me to stay on track with eating healthy because its so expensive. Its also hard to motivate myself to work out all the time.because I work all day then come home to my son! Anybody have any tips or having the same problem?

Replies

• williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I hate the it's "so expensive" excuse when it comes to eating healthy. It really isn't expensive to eat healthy if you know how to shop correctly. Things like chicken, ground turkey/beef, along with your veggies (which if you have a farmers market, can be cheaper than a store) aren't as drastically expensive as one would think. You could prep your meals for lunch at work...it's all about how bad you want it though. It's all excuses as to why you can't lose the weight..a lot of people on this website had those excuses too but wanted it bad enough that they fit it into their life. you have to find a way to fit it in to your own. It's possible and hope someone who you can relate to replies but stop with the excuses.

Also, I didn't mean to attack you if it seems that way but I've seen people in difficult situations overcome those situations by stopping all the excuses as to why they can't and how busy their life is.
  • BEFIT768
    Options
    Lol what's wrong with you willi did you get abused in school because you were a fat kid?
  • nancygm28
    nancygm28 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiffany. I get were your coming from on being busy and feeling that health eating is expensive. I recommend getting a Costco card and shopping at the 99 cent store if your in California. Costco is almost everywhere now, not sure about the 99 cent store. But yes I work full time and my commute to work is like a part time job. Buying bulk had helped my meal prep and wallet sooo much. If your little boy likes apples I recommend getting the sliced Apples. Great snack for you and him, they are organic too!
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hey Tiffany. Welcome to MFP. There are all sorts of people here and you will find a bunch of nutters like us, who like to encourage and motivate each other. We are all here for the same reason and some of us are novices, some are experts and have heard it all before but at the end of the day, we all have learned that to lose the weight, we have to change at least one bad habit or belief towards our approach to food/exercise.

Add me if you like and I will introduce you to our community of fun, loving and motivated group of ladies.