Did not meet calorie intake for the day

Options
New to calorie counting. I am 500 under my calories intake goal but I feel full. Is that ok

Replies

• rainmaker626
    Options
    It is 2250. I am 250 pounds with a active job. I am not eating calories burned off that is added .
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem. I do alternate day fasting which is my tdee on one day and 500 calories the next day and repeat.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry, don't force yourself to eat. That can lead to bad habits.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    It is 2250. I am 250 pounds with a active job. I am not eating calories burned off that is added .

Why aren't you eating at least some of your exercise calories back? That's the way MFP works. Unless you are using TDEE.

• loulamb7
    Options
    New to calorie counting. I am 500 under my calories intake goal but I feel full. Is that ok

Some days you'll be under, some days you'll be over. I track daily numbers but focus on the weekly intake.

• rainmaker626
    Options
    Thanks every one it is helpful. I am not eating calories burned because it just does not make since to me. Why burn the calories if you are just going to eat more? I am new so I probly missing some thing.
  • rainmaker626
    Options
    What is TDEE?
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have a sedentary job and currently weigh in the 230s. I hope to be at 229 the day after tomorrow. I have found that most fitness programs think I can lose weight on 1700 calories a day. Wrong. I gain weight at that intake. Everybody is different. My goal as set by MFP is 1390 per day for a 2 lb per week loss. I usually eat about 1350 and burn 350 in exercise. While most days I net about 1000, on my weekly fast day the MFP computer goes ballistic. I just let it because I know that I don't have an eating disorder and once a week I eat with my kids and grandkids and consume as much as 2500. If I average it out over a week or more I actually net about 1100 to 1200 per day. I have only been back on the program for a couple weeks and will probably lose 10 lbs by Monday (my official 14th day). But once I settle into the routine, I expect to lose about 1 to 1.5 lbs per week. As loulamb7 says, track calories and weight daily, but focus on the weekly trend.
  • cherokeegoddess77
    Options
    what if we go under our calorie goals?? last week about 5 days i was way under by like 5-600 calories. i wasn't feeling well at all. my calorie goal is 1230. i even exercised as well. does that make a difference in the calorie deficit??
  • rainmaker626
    Options
    Thanks every one it is helpful. I am not eating calories burned because it just does not make since to me. Why burn the calories if you are just going to eat more? I am new so I probly missing some thing.
    OK I found a post about this. This a very helpful site
  • rainmaker626
    Options
    What is TDEE?

Found a post about this too.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    what if we go under our calorie goals?? last week about 5 days i was way under by like 5-600 calories. i wasn't feeling well at all. my calorie goal is 1230. i even exercised as well. does that make a difference in the calorie deficit??

If you are at a weekly deficit of 3500 calories then technically you should lose 1lb this week. Click on "weekly" under the nutrition tab in your diary and it should tell you you're weekly deficit
  • loulamb7
    Options

Were you not eating because you were sick or not feeling well because you weren't eating enough? If the latter then you answered your own question. If you were only eating 630-730 calories a day and exercising on top of that you were way under your requirements. MFP calculations assume you eat some (50-100%) of your exercise calories back. Otherwise your deficit is higher then intended and in your case not healthy.