Looking for Bariatric High protien recipes

Options
Had the gastric bypass surgery so i need high protien recipes... Low sugar

Replies

• smgrooms86
    smgrooms86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey. Also had bypass. Would be interested in any recipes you find.
  • rsbm77
    rsbm77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me, too! I'm 6 weeks out from gastric bypass surgery.
  • ausiani
    ausiani Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 6 moths post sugery(gastric bypass). On Friday made a potato , cheese frittata ( used low fat ricotta) with eggs from our chooks. Had hot for breakfast and cold for dinner. For dinner had a iceberg lettuce, tomato and basil salad. Husband had a large wholemeal roll with his as he needs extra carbs as an insulin dependent diabetic.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Didn't you get a diet plan along with the surgery??
  • joianne
    joianne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Go on Pinterest, lots of recipes. I had ricotta with a little garlic powder, marinara, and low fat moz cheese, heated in microwave until melted and good, ate about 2oz. I'm 4 weeks out, surgery on 12/31/14
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am nine years out from my RNY surgery. I just started a picture journal thread here in recipes called "The Skillful Art of Healthy Eating." I have tons of recipes and am still creating new ones. It looks likes most of you are newbies and need to keep things simple as you get to know your pouch. Ricotta cheese, Greek yogurt, and protein supplements should be your best friends right now. With the ricotta and yogurt you can go sweet or savory. One of my favorite things to eat in the first few months after my surgery was grated cucumber mixed with Greek yogurt with a little garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Ricotta is versatile too! I liked mixing it with unsweetened applesauce and a little cinnamon. I also like to mix it with an egg, spoon it into a ramekin, top with a little mozzarella and parmesan cheese and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes then broil for a minute or two. My go to for breakfast was always scrambled eggs. As I got farther out from surgery I began to add things to the eggs. My favorite was and still is Egg Ole! Take one whole egg and one egg white (bumps up the protein) scramble with a tablespoon of jack cheese. Top with salsa and serve with sliced avocado. Please feel free to add me as a friend and message me if you need help. I will tell you that I have gained some weight back but have successfully kept over 100 pounds off since my surgery.
  • renovagirl
    renovagirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    http://www.bariatriceating.com/category/wls-friendly-recipes/

this site might help you. There is a recipe section
  • MarciBkonTrk
    Options
    renovagirl wrote: »
    http://www.bariatriceating.com/category/wls-friendly-recipes/

this site might help you. There is a recipe section

It's where I got all of my initial recipes and support. Look for my recipe for blueberry popovers. It won first runner up in Susan Maria's Splenda Recipe contest.

e0xg4jnb54i8.jpg
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Right after surgery it's liquid protein! Every patient is different on what they can tolerate. I've been very lucky and I can eat about anything, only in smaller portions. I only feel overfull with soft breads. So I toast them! I cook as I always have, but portion out on a smaller plate.

AC113792.jpg
  • MarciBkonTrk
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Right after surgery it's liquid protein! Every patient is different on what they can tolerate. I've been very lucky and I can eat about anything, only in smaller portions. I only feel overfull with soft breads. So I toast them! I cook as I always have, but portion out on a smaller plate.

AC113792.jpg

Agreed and let me say first and foremost, always follow your provider's guidelines for post-surgical advancement of your diet. Especially that first year. Your first year of eating is geared by your medical history, previous diet history, and weight loss goal. It is developed specifically for you by the dietician overseeing your nutrition.