This site works!

Options
I just wanted to let everyone know that this site works and it has helped me lose 25 pounds. I started on here November 12, 2007 and weighed in at 180 pounds. As of today I’m 155 pounds. I only ate over my 1200-calorie allowance one time (and that was Christmas day, and I still was only over by 200 calories). I work out every day if I can and have only not worked out 12 days since I started. The reason I enjoy working out so much now is the added 300 to 400 calories I get to add daily to eat. I have also noticed that I’m eating better foods because I’m counting calories. A cup of grapes (62 calories) compared to a piece of cake (300 calories). It just makes sense because you are bale to eat more of the better for you foods. I do eat every 3 hours, even if it’s just a 100-calorie pack. By the way those 100-calorie packs are great and really hot items right now. I just wanted to tell everyone this because first I’m very proud of what I have accomplished and secondly to let you all know it works and can be done. Good luck to everyone and I’m going to make this a lifestyle. Oh by the way to maintain my weight I can now eat 2100-calories a day. Just another motivating point to help you get to your goal weight. Have a great week!

Steve

Replies

• loman13
    loman13 Posts: 52
    Options
    I just wanted to let everyone know that this site works and it has helped me lose 25 pounds. I started on here November 12, 2007 and weighed in at 180 pounds. As of today I’m 155 pounds. I only ate over my 1200-calorie allowance one time (and that was Christmas day, and I still was only over by 200 calories). I work out every day if I can and have only not worked out 12 days since I started. The reason I enjoy working out so much now is the added 300 to 400 calories I get to add daily to eat. I have also noticed that I’m eating better foods because I’m counting calories. A cup of grapes (62 calories) compared to a piece of cake (300 calories). It just makes sense because you are bale to eat more of the better for you foods. I do eat every 3 hours, even if it’s just a 100-calorie pack. By the way those 100-calorie packs are great and really hot items right now. I just wanted to tell everyone this because first I’m very proud of what I have accomplished and secondly to let you all know it works and can be done. Good luck to everyone and I’m going to make this a lifestyle. Oh by the way to maintain my weight I can now eat 2100-calories a day. Just another motivating point to help you get to your goal weight. Have a great week!

Steve
  • Erica92627
    Options
    wow congrats. That is great motivation to keep it up. This goes to show that we all can do it. As I said in another post that my profile says I will loose about 5 pounds by feb 28. That would be awesome. If I can loose 10, even better. I just want to be healthy at doing it.
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    That is so great!:bigsmile: This really gives me some motivation to keep up with this. Thanks:wink:
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congratulations. I hope to be able to make a post like that someday!
    Cowboy
  • Gats
    Gats Posts: 42
    Options
    I agree with everything you say ............. 100%

but a danger for me, that when I'm near somebody

who is patently overweight ............

is that I don't start trying to sell this site and my new found knowledge ............

but if the subject is raised, then try and shut me up :noway:
  • wuzzi
    wuzzi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So so true! I LOVE this site. I am more aware now than ever about what I am putting in my mouth. Being able to record it and to have online support is priceless. Thank you MFP! I'll find out tomorrow how much I've lost in a 3 week period and I can't wait. I definitely notice a difference in my jeans and that's really what counts.

CONGRATS on losing the weight. :drinker:
  • loman13
    Options
    Thanks everyone who posted responses! This is a great tool to get the weight off and keep it off. I would always lose weight and put it back on. This time with the journal I'm going to be able to keep off the weight and still have a day when I can eat what I want (known as the cheat meal or day). Good luck again to everyone and stay strong and focused, it is a lifestyle.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Congrats loman. It is great to hear of your success. Especially for those of us who are currently struggling.

Keep it up.:drinker:
  • reluctantdaughter
    Options
    Hello.
    Thanks for the update. I didn't do so well today.
    My mom came by my work and invited me to go out for lunch. I was thinking salad and then she ordered a double cheeseburger with french fries and a Coke! I was devastated and so doing bought the same thing. :bigsmile:
    Totally harsh and my fault, but I am getting back on the wagon tomorrow. Instead of totally freaking out, I started taking in everything that I would normally eat, and I have to say that because of this website and the great motivation, I am able to say that I am eating better and smaller portions. If I continued the way I was eating, there is no wonder why I was always feeling horrible. Great job! Your story is a testament for the rest of us and let us know that all goals are reasonable. :smile:
  • erin1205
    Options
    Loman, I think your point about the calorie comparison (ie. a cup of grapes vs. piece of cake) is the key to this site. Now, I am new here, and haven't lost a pound yet because of this site, but already I am FAR more aware of what is going in my mouth. What this gives us is accountability and awareness and I think those are the keys!!!
  • sundaygirl85
    Options
    Well done!
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    How are you doing to date? Are you still as excited and are the pounds staying off? Does it get easier as the time goes by? Thanks for your encouragment.
  • kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congrats Loman13!!
    Great job. It is so true everything you say. In the end, if you break down the weight loss to just math: Eating less calories than you are burning it's amazing how your body responds.

Can't wait to post my victory e-mail too!
  • loman13
    Options
    How are you doing to date? Are you still as excited and are the pounds staying off? Does it get easier as the time goes by? Thanks for your encouragment.

It gets a lot easier as the weeks, months go by. I can tell you that the first two weeks was rough. I had been eating whatever I wanted up to that point and it was a comfort thing. It does take time but just remember before you eat that junk food, what am I going to be saying about myself tomorrow if I eat this. It is delayed gratifaction in very sense of the word. Good luck everyone and stay focused!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Awesome, I have had a similar experience on the site! I am happy for your success. Isn't it neat how your brain says "give me real food" now like it knows you aren't goin to feed into ithe nasty cravings.
    :bigsmile:
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i found this site really helpful i tried the calorie counitng a feww moinths ago and some reason it didnt work but it has now maybe becuase i have to be true to my self and this site we can lie about calories but it will sjhow on the charts here and our weight.... good job and good luck everyone!!!!:drinker: