Losing the last 3-4-5 kg. Stuck in my weight loss process.

Options
Hi all!
I would like to ask for advice about losing the last few pounds/kilograms because I haven't lost weight for a month. I am 170cm tall (5,57 feet) and in last June my weight was 76kg and now it is between 68-69. My remaining fat is mostly stuck at my belly, abdomen so I must lose this weight to have a flat stomach. I lost weight by eating small amounts of food and eating protein shakes for dinner and doing 20 mins weight lifting HIIT every day, going to the gym once a week doing a long training.
I know I am not exercising enough. I don't have the time, the mood and willpower to exercise a lot. I loved to go for a run in the summer or in the spring but ... It's snowing outside right now. I drink mostly water, eat low amount of carbs, eat one apple and an orange a day, I eat six times a day 8 am, 11:00, 13:00, 17:00, 18:30, 20:00-protein shake with milk.
So put it short: I am asking for general advice about losing the last 3-4-5 kg.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You aren't logging your food. Eat at a deficit and you'll lose.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    The less you weigh, the lower your TDEE unless you increase your exercise. Have you reasessed your TDEE every few kilos? If not, you are probably eating maintaince cals and you are no longer at a deficit. Lower your daily cals about 200cals and or increase your exercise and see what happens.

I'm in the same place and have been maintaining for 8mth....but I know, I need to lower my cals to lose again. Just not quite there yet mentally.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    This ^^^^^^^^^^
  • Spocky
    Spocky Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    flumi_f Well, I agree with you but there is a risk or limit in lowering calories, I mean if I become too hungry my willpower won't be enough to stop me from eating carbs and my next meal will be too big. I eat small amounts of food that is enough for the next 3 hours.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Then increase your exercise---you need to create a deficit. B)
  • Spocky
    Options
    You are right snowflake. So far keeping a good diet was enough to lose but it seems like the only way to improve is exercising more.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same position, or was up until a week ago. I've about the same amount of weight to lose, and could not sustain a deficit at all for the last few months, despite a very very good run where weight loss is concerned before that. I snacked a lot too.

Anyway, for the last week I've been doing a 16:8 flavour of IF (intermittent fasting), where I simply eat between 12- 8pm, and in the form of two very large meals. It's early days, but has been working for me, and perhaps it might be something worth considering for yourself :smile:
  • Spocky
    Options
    Big meals always make me sleepy. It is related to sugar levels in the body. So far eating small amounts worked better for me but thanks for the advice.