Need Help- Deltoid / Trapezius exersize

Options
Hi- I want to drop the shoulder shrugs from my routine and need a little more deltoid work. Does anyone know a Deltoid exersize that also works the trapezius as a secondary group? Or a Trapezius exersize that works Deltoids as a secondary?

Replies

• Drlnmc
    Drlnmc Posts: 13
    Options
    I found a great website that gives you exercise ideas for every area. It is http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises. Good luck.
  • hannahp1973
    Options
    As a PT i would recommend doing pull ups. Have narrow grip to focus on the biceps and arms and wide grip to focus on deltoids and lats. both will work traps. good luck.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Shoulder press, standing front raises, and standing side raises all hit the deltoids, as there are actually 3 deltoid muscles, you should do all of these.

Seated flys will work the lats, delts, and romboid muscles, and rows work the lats pretty well.

I also agree with hannah, wide stance push ups hit the delts and lats decent, you won't get mass increases from push ups usually, but you'll strengthen the muscle and provide endurance increases.

another lat exercise is the seated pulldown (cable machine).
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,728 Member
    Options
    I like upright rows to work the traps.
  • RGJeff
    RGJeff Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks... So will a dumbell lateral raise work the shoulders mainly, and traps secondary?

Thanks.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Thanks... So will a dumbell lateral raise work the shoulders mainly, and traps secondary?

Thanks.

yes, it's mostly a deltoid move. the trap is a synergist in this, so it'll get a little work, but not a lot.