30 pounds lighter! pics of my journey

Options
Last year in April, I was at my heaviest weighing in at 189. I won't tell you I was surprised. Before I got weighed at the physical, I guessed in my head that it would be in the 180s. I was pretty overweight, and I had been for many years. Depression got the best of me. In October of last year, I was on StumbleUpon and it took me to a page that only said "Inspiration" and below was a YouTube video of Ben Davis of BenDoesLife and his journey. It moved me to tears and I owe him a lot for how much he did inspire me. I finally began my "journey" of doing life on December 31 when I created a blog. On January 1, I weighed in at 179.

It's been an incredible journey so far, and 2011 has easily been so far one of the best years of my life, and I really have been doing life all this year! I'm running my first 5k this Saturday, my second 5k in June, and I'm doing a half marathon in October.

I weighed in this morning at 158, and decided to capture some photos to document my progress so far!
tumblr_lklphi5U1m1qf719u.jpg

2wqvneq.jpg

I'm so excited about my progress thus far and I can't wait to keep doing life :)

Replies

• nicmacc
    nicmacc Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good on you! Keep on keeping on as they say!
  • diamondgal23
    Options
    Congrats! Looking great! I have an old pic of myself for my profile as inspiration to get back it, would like to be friends to further inspire our journey :)
  • Cornock
    Cornock Posts: 254
    Options
    Well Done! Keep at it!
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! I am so happy for you!
  • Wildflower3475
    Wildflower3475 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That's great...good for you! Can't wait til I get there! :o)
  • Yahsdaughter
    Options
    AMAZING JOB! That is NO small accomplishment. You look AMAZING! I want to be you when I grow up lol
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, I didn't know you have an account on here!

You look so good. I'm proud of you! <3
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep up the good work!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congratulations...although I'm going "her starting weight (179) is my CURRENT weight after losing 20 pounds?! Rats!
  • beckayjoe
    beckayjoe Posts: 8
    Options
    Nicely done!! I love ur face in the one where you're making a sand....castle? hahahaha
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Amazing......in such a short time! Congratulations and you look great!
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You look great. Stay on track and keep posting.
  • TaushasJourney
    Options
    Congratulations, that is awesome. Thanks for posting your story--I'm definitely hooked on Ben Does Life now! :)
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good job!
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    You look amazing :) and I love the blue dress you have on in one of those pictures! Happy for you and all your hard work paying off!
  • princess4mimi
    princess4mimi Posts: 192
    Options
    Congratulations You LOOK TERRIFIC!!!! Drive, Motivation and Determination look totally AWESOME on you!!!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    You SHOULD be excited because you look amazing! What a wonderful transformation you've made! Congrats on your hard work paying off!
  • lozzle91
    lozzle91 Posts: 38
    Options
    amazing!
  • homeschoolingmomof4
    Options
    Well done!!!
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up your hard efforts b/c they're paying off for you. :-D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!