Zumba calories

Options
Does anyone know how you are mean,t 2 work out the calories u burn by doing 1 hour of Zumba ? :frown:

Replies

• mma910
    mma910 Posts: 1
    Options
    800-1000 calories. It all depends on how much you move and if you exaggerate ALL YOUR MOVES. I LOVE ZUMBA! makes a big difference!
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I burn between 600-850
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I think 800-1000 calories is an over estimation. For an hour for me and i'm bigger than average so will burn more it's around 600 cals, and that is working as had as i could.
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    I log it as dancing :smile:
  • Roo1026
    Roo1026 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I log it as Aerobics. I think thats how most people are doing it until (if) they get Zumba in the exercise diary.
  • Kells44
    Kells44 Posts: 10
    Options
    I think it all depends on your weight/what you have to lose. I was reading someones post who is now in maintenance & she only burned around 300 calories at zumba (she was using a hrm) I'm going to wear my new hrm on tues when I go to my zumba class & see what it says.

I think on average it can be between 500-1000 calories
  • irishkiss
    irishkiss Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    For now I log it as dancing...because Im not that good at it. When I really get it down I will log it as aerobics.
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It depends on a lot of things. Your weight, level of cardiovascular fitness, how hard you are working. There is no one size fits all estimate. I currently weigh 217# and working hard at an hour of zumba I burn between 550-600 calories (I know this because I wear a heart rate monitor). If you don't have one, I would underestimate your calories, especially if you eat them back.
    And I've found the mfp exercise calories to be WAY OVER on almost every category, just FYI.
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    hey i found a website a little while ago that has a zumba calorie calculator:)

http://www.getfittn.com/fitnesstracker/calccaloriesburned.aspx

hope this helps
    xx
  • KimA1
    KimA1 Posts: 47
    Options
    I Zumba 3x a week. I recently bought a Polar Heart Rate monitor with the strap and am monitoring about 500 calories average per hour.

Figuring the calorie burn for a class like Zumba if you want to be accurate you need a HRM. There are so many variables in calorie burn posted for Zumba classes. I would hate to have been estimating 800-1000 and basing my calories intake on that when I am actually only burning 500. Like someone else said, it won't be the same for everyone. There are ALOT of variables that go into that number.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Roughly 600 an hour for me. Using HRM
  • justin_time
    Options
    the most accurate way is to use a HRM, however for a quick easy to use tool based on metabolic averages using your weight and workout intensity level try http://sites.google.com/site/zumbacaloriesburnt
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    like this