Exercise calories

Options
ive been on FMP on and off for a while and it seems to me that before exercise calories were shown but not taken into account in your daily calories or nutrition. Is there a way to do that now (in the settings?)
I would like it to show my exercise calories but i do t want them to be added to my daily allowance or to be counted in my weekly calories count.
The only way i can think of is to disable my endomondo app and my iphone step counter.
Is there another less radical way?
Thks

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    just ignore them. it says 'youve earned X amount from exercise' just dont eat that amount. lol most of the time i dont eat back mine, or certainly not many most days.
  • tostaky
    tostaky Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know i could but if i look under my weekly nutrition, they are accounted for and i would like to know how much of a deficit i have really. Plus i find that if they are automatically added then i am more likely to be tempted to eat them (which i dont but i do ask myself)
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I actually do eat them back. Maybe not everything, but I always got the advice here to do eat them back. The calorie goal is based on a lot of things, one of is whether your job is sedentary or active etc. For me, my average day is sedentary so I don't need too many calories. However, when I run a 10K like today, I burn over 500 cals! I definitely need to recharge with some protein/carbs whatever. Obviously, don't eat (all of) it back with junkfood/alcohol/chocolate, but you can definitely eat it back in a balanced way. For example, two fried eggs or some extra pasta, an avocado, nuts, bananas, proteinbar/shake. Really, it's fine :)

(And I've lost 40 pounds so far so it doesn't work against me, lol)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    The only way to not display them is to not log them. MFP is set up to add back your exercise calories to your daily goal.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log the exercise as 1 calorie, or just put them into your exercise notes.
  • tostaky
    tostaky Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good work Maddy!
    I might just disable the link between mfp and my iphone then.
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    Options
    I don't pay attention to them. I use my brain cells (or a calculator if I'm very tired!) to do the mental calculation of what I should have/been eating.