General Advice- Weight Loss

KitKatAbs
KitKatAbs Posts: 4
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
For me, I've been cutting down on carbohydrates a lot. It's important have enough calories and to make sure you're eating enough! Eat smaller portions and more often! It may not work for you, but it works for me.

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    KitKatAbs wrote: »
    For me, I've been cutting down on carbohydrates a lot. It's important to keep your calories up and to make sure you're eating enough! If not, your body will go into a "starvation mode" and you will not lose weight. Eat smaller portions and more often! Good luck :)

Yeah, ok

I love carbs...they make up about 50% of my diet

Yes to eating enough

No to starvation mode ...LOL ...bro-science

Frequency no issue you can eat one huge meal a day if you wish

just stick to calorie defecit across the week

And good luck to you
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    No.

No.

And No, some more.

Where does this misinformation come from?

Why/how does it keep spreading?
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    For me, I've been cutting down on carbohydrates a lot. It's important to keep your calories up and to make sure you're eating enough! If not, your body will go into a "starvation mode" and you will not lose weight. Eat smaller portions and more often! Good luck :)

Nope.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

Or, no.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member

Starvation mode is a myth. Meal size/frequency is personal preference. Nice try, though.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Strong first post.

No offence, OP, but you need to read a bit more or the local wolves will eat you alive.

So you're not a wolf tonight?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    What the rabbit said.
  • What works for me may not work for you guys. Everyone has an opinion. You might not agree with me, and I might not agree with you.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    edited January 2015
    If this is what you believe ^
    For me, I've been cutting down on carbohydrates a lot. It's important have enough calories and to make sure you're eating enough! Eat smaller portions and more often! It may not work for you, but it works for me.

Then why did you change it to this?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    What works for me may not work for you guys. Everyone has an opinion. You might not agree with me, and I might not agree with you.

While lowering carbs and eating frequently may help you adhere to your plan and reach your goals, they are not necessary for weight loss. Opinions are great, but science trumps opinions
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    If this is what you believe ^
    What works for me may not work for you guys. Everyone has an opinion. You might not agree with me, and I might not agree with you.

Then why did you change it to this?

Because of all the stick everyone gave her! She must be new round here! :laugh: