100+ lbs to lose!!!

Options

Replies

• gemm30
    gemm30 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Just a general question to all, have you figured out your goal weight by going by what you medically should be or where you think you will be comfortable.
    Medically I should be 9st 8lb I don't think I've been that since I was about 11. And think I would look weird that small as I'm 5ft 9. I'm just struggling to set a long term goal.
  • angel388
    angel388 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    gemm30 wrote: »
    Just a general question to all, have you figured out your goal weight by going by what you medically should be or where you think you will be comfortable.
    Medically I should be 9st 8lb I don't think I've been that since I was about 11. And think I would look weird that small as I'm 5ft 9. I'm just struggling to set a long term goal.

Set some short term goals and then reassess. I've put a target at where I feel I would be comfortable. I've never been small so no point putting in unrealistic goals.
  • saraholiver6191
    saraholiver6191 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Someone help me! I lost 2 lbs the first week which granted isnt a lot. I have 90 to go. I somehow put on 4lbs this week as I got lazy with logging my food but didnt even know that putting on that amount was possible. I have been really tired though and still going to the gym. My calorie intake was not enough to warrant putting on that much weight. I dont know where im going wrong. I've been really stressed at work as I hate my job and I am also hypothyroid though and missed a few doses. I am wondering if that might be the answer. Someone tell me there will be light.
  • spoonwalker
    spoonwalker Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sarah there is light! Have you been super tired since you missed your doses or is that an ongoing problem? You may have a vitamin deficiency. I do and I have to take some vitamins everyday or I am super sluggish
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    all ladies... guys welcome? I have over 100 to lose. I have lost about 80 so far.
  • gemm30
    gemm30 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    So today I have been on lets say a mission of self discovery, I have measured, weighed, taken some very hard to take photos, had bmi, body fat% worked out. Now I feel like I have no where to hide I have entered everything on here also have given a copy of everything to my sister ...have reassessed my weight and what I want to lose and im still going for 100 pounds but have set lots of smaller goals first. ....lets do this....
  • angel388
    angel388 Posts: 83 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So today I have been on lets say a mission of self discovery, I have measured, weighed, taken some very hard to take photos, had bmi, body fat% worked out. Now I feel like I have no where to hide I have entered everything on here also have given a copy of everything to my sister ...have reassessed my weight and what I want to lose and im still going for 100 pounds but have set lots of smaller goals first. ....lets do this....

Yahoo girl. Way to go. Thats some major big steps. Be proud!!
  • spoonwalker
    Options
    Yay!!! That is a HUGE step to take!! Proud of you
  • spoonwalker
    Options
    I am so glad we have all found each other! Men and woman alike!!!!
  • ctleonard9
    ctleonard9 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Gemm, I started at 220 and a nutritionist said based on my height 5.2"I should be 120lbs. I think that is unrealistic and so does my doctor. I am taking it in 20 pound increments with a goal of 160 by the end of 2015, Then, 150 by easter 2016. I have lost 5 pound so far this month and I feel good with that I am on my way to meet my easter goal of 199. But that is just how my doctor trainer and I mapped it out for me. All others may be similar or different. Best, Cat
  • alykat_89
    alykat_89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm turning 26 in February, and I'm the heaviest I've ever been. Emotional eating has been my crutch ever since I was 8. Just recently, I decided that enough was enough, and started exercising and keeping track of everything I eat. Since then, I've lost 7lbs! I know it's not much right now, but I'm so stoked about it! I need to lose 105lbs in total (now down to 98), and I'd love some supportive friends :)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    My goal is 110 pounds. I am currently at 80-something lost. I hope to hit the 90-pound mark soon!
  • spoonwalker
    Options
    Yes ladies! Yes!!! This app is amazing! It helps put things into perspective and the people on here are just as amazing!

I think having an overall amount you want to lose is amazing. I also think that it should be taken in steps so you don't feel overwhelmed. I take 10 lbs at a time!!

We got this everyone!!! We deserve the best and the best versions of ourselves!!!
  • stephc002
    stephc002 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @spoonwalker‌ i agree with the smaller goals. I am also taking it 10 lbs at a time. I used to shoot for 10% but even that amount seems too daunting right now.

Happy Monday everyone! We have got this! I got off track because of a party this weekend, but tracked everything and moved on, and yesterday was a great day!

Just a couple tips of things that have been helping me stay motivated. I bought myself a fitness tracker for Xmas, and between that and MFP it has really helped me stay on track. I love that it reminds me if I havent moved enough, and it gives me a daily goal to meet. So i feel hugely satisfied at the end of the day when I meet/beat it. I havent been to a gym, or even outside to walk because its been so cold here. But I have been housewalking and walking/jogging in place just while doing household chores or watching tv (and also having dance parties with my 5 yr old). I have lost 6 lbs in two weeks and feel great!
  • amandajean0812
    amandajean0812 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I would love more support and to support anyone as well. I've lost almost 15 lbs. I have about 90 more lbs to lose.
  • spoonwalker
    Options
    Dance parties with the kiddos are the best!!!!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    @spoonwalker - so glad to see you active here again! Just returning from a weekend of travel. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.
  • spoonwalker
    Options
    Hope you had fun!
  • fit2benu
    fit2benu Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Count me in I can definitely use the support. Trying to make consistent small steps.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    ABrown022 wrote: »
    I am 23 years old. full time college student. I am aiming to lose 100lbs. I'm constantly worried about getting sick or having a heart attack because I can't stop eating all the wrong things. I have starting this journey yesterday but already feel myself slipping from my goals. I feel like I have no one that I can talk to n that can modivate me to stay on track. I would love some support going thru this journey.

Hey lady! I'm also 23, full time grad school student, full time workaholic, and mom of 2. I have 107 pounds to lose. We can do this!! Add me if you'd like!