Replies

• j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
  • Brittanistarr
    Brittanistarr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yay!!!!!!!!!! Fellow addicts!!!!

I'm a wicked book *kitten* - mostly Stephen King...
    - Looooooooove The Winchesters!
    - Doctor Who
    - All things Marvel right now (Yes, I jumped on this bandwagon the last few years, so I'm a newb, but I'm hating myself for missing out for so many years)
    - Firefly
    - Castle
    - Just Nathan Fillion in general :wink:

I'm also a sewer that creates geeky bedding for the tots :) I also do standard size pillow cases too, for all us big kids :)

I also make crochet geekery too - looking for the perfect Jayne colors right now :)

So glad to find you peoples!

Ahhh Firefly..! I've had wonderful dreams where they'd announce a second season.. lol. And yay Marvel!! My boyfriend and I just finisjed both seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Craaaazyyyyy. !! :)
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    j_bark wrote: »
    Hi. Jason. Geek and <3 fellow geeks. I am happy to connect to all of you humans. If I find time, I will send out FR. If not feel free to send one my way.

Browncoat
    Wheel of Time
    LotR (and by default LOTRO)
    Star Wars
    .mud
    Marvel > DC
    Thor
    Dr. Strange

simon-pegg.png

OK, that is just a great quote! Love it!
  • missdoomcookie
    Options
    Well, my profile pic is my She Hulk cosplay, sooo... :)

Video game writer/designer by trade (current a narrative designer on the Halo series.) Gamer (video games, board games, all genres/kinds.) Read a lot of everything, but in particular a lot of sci-fi and fantasy and comics. Tabletop roleplayer, currently DMing a Pathfinder game and playing in another. Cosplayer/enjoy attending costume events (Ren Faire, historical balls, etc). Lover of all Whedonverses. Contributor to http://www.thepolenerds.com (all nerdy women who pole dance.)
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Well, my profile pic is my She Hulk cosplay, sooo... :)

Video game writer/designer by trade (current a narrative designer on the Halo series.) Gamer (video games, board games, all genres/kinds.) Read a lot of everything, but in particular a lot of sci-fi and fantasy and comics. Tabletop roleplayer, currently DMing a Pathfinder game and playing in another. Cosplayer/enjoy attending costume events (Ren Faire, historical balls, etc). Lover of all Whedonverses. Contributor to http://www.thepolenerds.com (all nerdy women who pole dance.)

Awesome She Hulk! :D Those biceps!

• silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Star Trek, Star Wars, Firefly and BSG (MAD LOVE FOR BOTH), Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, starting to get into Lost Girl and Sherlock. Eventually I'll give Doctor Who a try. Play WoW, play on the ps4, ps3... Make geeky references now and then that make people lovingly roll their eyes at me.

Lol. You are getting into lost girl at the end of the show!

That's usually how I roll, I catch shows at the end of their run, haha. But it gives me stuff to watch while running on the treadmill.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    leg day is DONE! it's snowing out!! hopefully I can put a huge dent in "The evil within". maybe some "Wonderful 101"!!
  • Fitgirl_666
    Fitgirl_666 Posts: 56 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'll be crocheting and watching movies on my snow day ☺️

I have to get another of these blankets done before the end of March. mmtimtl2wwxi.jpg
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Some weekend motivation to get us up and out the door!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTsxF47wx5M
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    FitGeekery wrote: »
    BluFoxxe wrote: »
    ive never been to that one but ive decided that before i die, i want to hit each con in this country at least once. is that one nice? it must be so nice...

Omg that is an awesome goal... which I think I may try as well. But can I also have a goal of cosplaying at each one I go to? o.o And yes, ECCC is a LOT of fun and has literally exploded in the last couple years (I've been going for 5yrs so far).
    lacroyx wrote: »
    Hi! I've never gone to PAX but I'll be at ECCC this year too!

Nice! Have you been to ECCC before? So sad that this is the first year I'm skipping in 5 yrs, need to save money for a big Euro trip :D

I've gone to ECCC for the past 4 years. It's getting up there in terms of size and popularity. I also go to SDCC. I have friends that live down there so I don't have to worry about getting a hotel though I'm not going this year.

• FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    I've gone to ECCC for the past 4 years. It's getting up there in terms of size and popularity. I also go to SDCC. I have friends that live down there so I don't have to worry about getting a hotel though I'm not going this year.

I'd LOVE to go to SDCC again, only been once and I got the comic con cruds within the first night XD The difficulty now is even trying to get tickets >.<
  • Fitgirl_666
    Options
    I finished my Supernatural pillow cases for a customer. I love them!!!

px8t1zz3kam7.jpg
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    awsome work Fitgirl_666!!! :)
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    *frantically waves at everyone* I was born to Geek! My dad was/is an old school nerd. He was on the chest team in high school and played the original D&D. My mom on the other hand loves everything sifi. I grew up table top gaming and watching Star Trek/Star Wars! I also lived my life in my books...although I'm more into the murder mystery novels verses fantasy. (What can I say...the Clue books grabbed me early as I kid.) And you better believe I'm a gamer (especially RPGs)! My husband also got me into playing mtg (magic the gathering) when we started dating. Our son is actually named Greven. :smiley:
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to report back on PAX South - it was a BLAST! Next year I'll be cosplaying for sure. So many awesome people in one space, it was like the mothership calling me home.
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few game consoles. My husband and I are pretty big geeks. Feel free to add me. :)
  • bufffanatic
    bufffanatic Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE fan of anything and everything Joss Whedon has ever done, he is my idol <3

I love Doctor Who, although I want to shoot a certain writer right now. It's been painful.

My introduction to geekdom was the original 5 planet of the apes movies, I watched them over and over and over again as a kid and can quote every movie. I now own them on bluray as well as my original VHS.

I love board games, card games, all games. Chez geek remains my favorite though.

I'm not a video gamer, but I do love to read, mainly sci-fi, fantasy, and mystery.

I'm liking this group of people, add me as a friend!
  • kmoney92
    kmoney92 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit PC and Xbox gamer (the AC series is my guilty pleasure; also love Uncharted).

Been getting into comic books too, and hoping to go to SDCC this year!!
  • ScalySquash50
    Options
    One of my big secret reasons for my journey to fitness is so I can put together a retro pinup Wonderwoman cosplay next fall!

I love Doctor Who, Supernatural, HP, gaming and a lot more. I even hand make miniature replica of various props from my favorite fandoms in the form of jewelry. Everyone here should friend me!

I love this! I totally had the same thought about cosplay, but my goal is to make a Halo Spartan suit! So freaking cool!
  • Fitgirl_666
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    awsome work Fitgirl_666!!! :)

Thanks!!!