Geeks need support too! Fandoms Unite!!

Options
Looking for support from fellow gamers, nerds and geeks alike! Im in just about every fandom you can imagine, I mean my daughters name is Amelia Rose. Lol. Doctor Who fans will understand. I also own 7 gaming systems and way too many books. If you are like me, add me and we can support each other while talking about nerdy things. :)

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) I wouldn't say I'm a 100% geek! but I am pretty nerdy. Books galore, get addicted to games when given the chance (last one was Spirit Stones) and have lots of geeky friends IRL. All I have is PS3. Like fighting fantasy games the best. Like fantasy in general so much better than real life!
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge nerd too! Don't own a console though, since I'm mostly part of the PC master race.
  • arshness
    Options
    I made a group for geeks, pagans, gamers, and LGBT folks.
    Any and all such folks are welcome to join as long as they're not bigots of any kind. :)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23222-lgbt-pagan-geek-gamer-health
  • adramaticpirate
    adramaticpirate Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) I wouldn't say I'm a 100% geek! but I am pretty nerdy. Books galore, get addicted to games when given the chance (last one was Spirit Stones) and have lots of geeky friends IRL. All I have is PS3. Like fighting fantasy games the best. Like fantasy in general so much better than real life!

I'm a fan of fantasy as well. I'm a huge RPG player, actually playing Dragon Age Inquistion right now. Yay Dragons!! I'm reading Game of Thrones to try and catch up on that trend. YAY DRAGONS!!
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    I'm a huge nerd too! Don't own a console though, since I'm mostly part of the PC master race.

PCS are awesome as well. I don't have many games on my PC though. Can never get us to the controls that way. It's like multitasking with my fingers and for some reason that is damn near impossible for me.
  • Boganella
    Boganella Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »

PCS are awesome as well. I don't have many games on my PC though. Can never get us to the controls that way. It's like multitasking with my fingers and for some reason that is damn near impossible for me.

Quite a few PC games allow you to use an xbox controller plugged into a usb port.

I myself am an avid WoW and LoL player.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    See, I need to get with the 360 plug in! With my daughter a little over 1, she has learned to turn the tv off and on and it makes my gaming days less and less. Killing me. Between her, school and exercising, I don't get to game a whole lot.
    -tear-
  • faberallison
    faberallison Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm a pretty avid Whovian in addition to a pretty devoted member of the Clone Club (Orphan Black). o:)
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    See, I need to get with the 360 plug in! With my daughter a little over 1, she has learned to turn the tv off and on and it makes my gaming days less and less. Killing me. Between her, school and exercising, I don't get to game a whole lot.
    -tear-

You know you have to drop the consoles and become a member of the PC Master Race. You must transcend.

My superfandom are the Winchesters...hopefully us "Supernatural" folks are included here too. Of course love Dr. Who, Sherlock, LOTR, and so on, lol.

I am an oldie here, 50 next month.

Jeannine in Missouri striving for Immortality.

• jessicajverner
    jessicajverner Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Love the name Amelia Rose! Whovian here as well =) Also a Potterhead..a Hunter..avid WoW player ( Vanilla baby )..obsessed with fanfiction and my guilty pleasure Teen Wolf xD!
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, lots of fab fellow geeks on my friends list :)
  • Fitgirl_666
    Fitgirl_666 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    yay!!!!!!!!!! Fellow addicts!!!!

I'm a wicked book *kitten* - mostly Stephen King...
    - Looooooooove The Winchesters!
    - Doctor Who
    - All things Marvel right now (Yes, I jumped on this bandwagon the last few years, so I'm a newb, but I'm hating myself for missing out for so many years)
    - Firefly
    - Castle
    - Just Nathan Fillion in general :wink:

I'm also a sewer that creates geeky bedding for the tots :) I also do standard size pillow cases too, for all us big kids :)

I also make crochet geekery too - looking for the perfect Jayne colors right now :)

So glad to find you peoples!
  • gwensoul
    gwensoul Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Super geek here as well. Video games (PC and Console 'cause I swing both ways), superwholock, knitting, ren fairs, D&D; all that fun stuff. :smile:
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    You can add me. I'm a pretty avid Whovian in addition to a pretty devoted member of the Clone Club (Orphan Black). o:)

Will do love! I've never seen Orphan Black myself but I have heard it has quite a following.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    -tear-

You know you have to drop the consoles and become a member of the PC Master Race. You must transcend.

My superfandom are the Winchesters...hopefully us "Supernatural" folks are included here too. Of course love Dr. Who, Sherlock, LOTR, and so on, lol.

I am an oldie here, 50 next month.

Jeannine in Missouri striving for Immortality.

I'm a supernatural fan myself so I hope they are. :) I'm a Crowley/Cass fan. My boys. And all ages are welcome of course. Fandoms know no age. Feel free to add!
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    Love the name Amelia Rose! Whovian here as well =) Also a Potterhead..a Hunter..avid WoW player ( Vanilla baby )..obsessed with fanfiction and my guilty pleasure Teen Wolf xD!

Thank you! Hopefully she doesn't hate me down the line. Lol. The only one I've never done is WoW. But I have play D&D. That was always fun for me.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    Feel free to add me, lots of fab fellow geeks on my friends list :)

Love the name and will do!!
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    yay!!!!!!!!!! Fellow addicts!!!!

I'm a wicked book *kitten* - mostly Stephen King...
    - Looooooooove The Winchesters!
    - Doctor Who
    - All things Marvel right now (Yes, I jumped on this bandwagon the last few years, so I'm a newb, but I'm hating myself for missing out for so many years)
    - Firefly
    - Castle
    - Just Nathan Fillion in general :wink:

I'm also a sewer that creates geeky bedding for the tots :) I also do standard size pillow cases too, for all us big kids :)

I also make crochet geekery too - looking for the perfect Jayne colors right now :)

So glad to find you peoples!

Omg the marvel uni! Yes! I'm a comic reader and I'm all about some Marvel! If I had the money, id want one if that pillow cases!!
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    gwensoul wrote: »
    Super geek here as well. Video games (PC and Console 'cause I swing both ways), superwholock, knitting, ren fairs, D&D; all that fun stuff. :smile:

Everything you just said speaks to my soul. I missed the Ren Faire this year due to money and I cried. :(
  • widemajm
    widemajm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Aaaand....love it! I'm such a super nerd! Yay! Glad there is a forum for us to talk about our geeky stuff! I haven't been able to watch the latest DW (no cable TV)! How is the new Doctor? I saw like 1 episode forever ago...:(