Geeks need support too! Fandoms Unite!!

Options

Replies

• adramaticpirate
    adramaticpirate Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Awesome group here! I'm an xbox gamer and love DAI, also just started catching up to the game of thrones. Also looking for new supporters here as many of my previous have dropped off!

Well welcome to the group!! Glad to have you!!
  • PinUp2014
    PinUp2014 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ooooo!! I'm so totally in!
    -Whovian
    -Firefly/Serenity
    -The Winchesters are damn yummy
    -I'm also a book *kitten*
    -Trying to become a knit head and my boyfriend is finishing up my weaving loom. :)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    PC gaming, anime, and sci fi (though not a Who fan) are my things. Well aside from motorcycles.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    ChefKatana wrote: »
    Hmm... Do I count?
    Huge fan of Game of Thrones, Star Wars and Doctor Who.
    I love Stephen King.
    I play video games on both PC (Sims, Prison Architect, LOL, AoW and SW:TOR) and 360 (Final Fantasy, GoW 1,2&3, Tekken and Street fighter)
    I have over 350 Cooking books (Mainly desserts)
    I love Anime, Hello Kitty or anything to do with Traditional Japanese culture.
    I collect Katana, Gaming/Movie figurines, (I have a compulsion keep them in the original packaging o.o) and Pokemon Cards

You.totally.count. Get in here and take your courtesy geek card. You earned it.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    Skyz4dayz wrote: »
    Well, Hello there! This is MY kind of thread!

Gamer and total Dr. Who fan.

I'm all about that Xbox, 'bout that Xbox, no playstation…... :#

Lmao. I have both but my Xbox gets more lovins.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    PinUp2014 wrote: »
    Ooooo!! I'm so totally in!
    -Whovian
    -Firefly/Serenity
    -The Winchesters are damn yummy
    -I'm also a book *kitten*
    -Trying to become a knit head and my boyfriend is finishing up my weaving loom. :)

Thank you for the add!! And you ma'am are right. Damn yummy.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    PC gaming, anime, and sci fi (though not a Who fan) are my things. Well aside from motorcycles.

That's ok. We take all geeks and nerds silly!
  • Fitgirl_666
    Fitgirl_666 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I read way too much...

no such thing :)

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Total fandom fan chiming in here! Doctor Who, Sherlock, LotR, all sorts of different anime, RPG games, Marvel, Merlin, Pokemon games etc. I even got Middle Earth map tights for Christmas from my sister, she knows me so well. It's so cool having the mines of Moria on my right thigh. Anyone can add me, by the way! rc08ju4379z0.jpg

Ok 1, let's address those leggings. I need them in my life. 2. Yes to all your fandoms. :)

I have a matching skirt, too <3
  • Fitgirl_666
    Fitgirl_666 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    omg! I'm loving this thread! I can't keep up! :)
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Gah! Huge nerd here! Everyone please add me! I love a lot of different fandoms and I love having nerdy friends!
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    I read way too much...

Truth.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    Total fandom fan chiming in here! Doctor Who, Sherlock, LotR, all sorts of different anime, RPG games, Marvel, Merlin, Pokemon games etc. I even got Middle Earth map tights for Christmas from my sister, she knows me so well. It's so cool having the mines of Moria on my right thigh. Anyone can add me, by the way! rc08ju4379z0.jpg

Ok 1, let's address those leggings. I need them in my life. 2. Yes to all your fandoms. :)

I have a matching skirt, too <3

No you are just rubbing it in!
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    omg! I'm loving this thread! I can't keep up! :)

We've crashed my phone twice.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    Khovde07 wrote: »
    Gah! Huge nerd here! Everyone please add me! I love a lot of different fandoms and I love having nerdy friends!

Done! ^_^
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I read way too much...

Anyone else as happy as I am with the invention of tablets/kindles...I was seriously running out of room for my books!
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm a card-carrying member of a couple of Geek Meetup groups. Current Chatelaine for my Barony in the Society for Creative Anachronism (medieval re-creation). Hosted a Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog Sing-Along. Already bought my tickets to see the last two episodes of Game of Thrones in IMAX before the new season starts. Downloaded and printed my own set of Nerds Against Humanity. On MFP, joined the group TO MORDOR!
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    abuck_13 wrote: »
    Wow, D&D is still around? That is amazing. I haven't touched it in over 20 years. I was big into in the 80's, before they did some things and had it slide downhill with that whole 2nd Edition thing that was completely incompatible with the old releases. Ticked a bunch of us off, and I had to put it aside because of other things as well. Used to have a huge box to haul around with all the stuff.

I loved it but it is only as good as your DM.

That was always the case, but the problem most of us had at the time was that it was a pure money grab. Nothing was compatible between first and second edition. So you had people with hundreds and thousands invested, that basically told them to pound salt and ended up stopping, or just playing first edition only.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    I read way too much...

Anyone else as happy as I am with the invention of tablets/kindles...I was seriously running out of room for my books!

Lol yes! Though all my favorites will always have a hard copy.
  • ChefKatana
    ChefKatana Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You.totally.count. Get in here and take your courtesy geek card. You earned it.

Why thank you -Takes Geek card- Woop!