Geeks need support too! Fandoms Unite!!

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    not really a "geek" here (to lazy/dumb/cheap to be part of the PC master race), I AM pretty dorky though. anime, comics/manga and games. I just started "the evil within" and "freedom wars"! I have a bit of a backlog after those black Friday sales!
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    One of my big secret reasons for my journey to fitness is so I can put together a retro pinup Wonderwoman cosplay next fall!

I love Doctor Who, Supernatural, HP, gaming and a lot more. I even hand make miniature replica of various props from my favorite fandoms in the form of jewelry. Everyone here should friend me!
  • adramaticpirate
    adramaticpirate Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    not really a "geek" here (to lazy/dumb/cheap to be part of the PC master race), I AM pretty dorky though. anime, comics/manga and games. I just started "the evil within" and "freedom wars"! I have a bit of a backlog after those black Friday sales!

I'm reading through Naruto right now. Because why not. I haven't finished it. No spoilers!
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    One of my big secret reasons for my journey to fitness is so I can put together a retro pinup Wonderwoman cosplay next fall!

I love Doctor Who, Supernatural, HP, gaming and a lot more. I even hand make miniature replica of various props from my favorite fandoms in the form of jewelry. Everyone here should friend me!

I'd love to see the wonder woman cosplay! God I'm so jealous!! I want to cosplay.
  • lasarabande
    lasarabande Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Anyone who goes to Blizzcon (Blizzard Games - World of Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft etc), we have a very active FB fitness support/motivation group just for that :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/638178832931057/
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Wow, D&D is still around? That is amazing. I haven't touched it in over 20 years. I was big into in the 80's, before they did some things and had it slide downhill with that whole 2nd Edition thing that was completely incompatible with the old releases. Ticked a bunch of us off, and I had to put it aside because of other things as well. Used to have a huge box to haul around with all the stuff.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    Looking for support from fellow gamers, nerds and geeks alike! Im in just about every fandom you can imagine, I mean my daughters name is Amelia Rose. Lol. Doctor Who fans will understand. I also own 7 gaming systems and way too many books. If you are like me, add me and we can support each other while talking about nerdy things. :)
    I'm the wrong kind of geek. Haven't played a video game since Super Mario.

Lol. That's ok. All geeks included love! Geek away!
  • JenW70503
    JenW70503 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me!! I am obsessed with Supernatural (going to the spn convention in Houston this weekend!), Doctor Who, Harry Potter. Feel free to add me if you are into the same things. :)
  • Fitgirl_666
    Fitgirl_666 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Tom Baker and I are like this **crosses fingers***

Lmao. I actually saw that in my head as I read it.

hahaha i did too :)
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    See, I need to get with the 360 plug in! With my daughter a little over 1, she has learned to turn the tv off and on and it makes my gaming days less and less. Killing me. Between her, school and exercising, I don't get to game a whole lot.
    -tear-

You know you have to drop the consoles and become a member of the PC Master Race. You must transcend.

My superfandom are the Winchesters...hopefully us "Supernatural" folks are included here too. Of course love Dr. Who, Sherlock, LOTR, and so on, lol.

I am an oldie here, 50 next month.

Jeannine in Missouri striving for Immortality.

Ahhh fellow SPN fen! (And, for that matter, basically everything else.) Have you watched Sleepy Hollow? As much as I love Supernatural, the first season of Sleepy Hollow is basically everything from Supernatural done better. :D

Also, this whole thread is great. :D My son is named after Miles from the Vorkosigan series of books by Bujold. I definitely lean more sci-fi than fantasy, though I adore Game of Thrones. (Except the book that didn't have any of the characters I liked in it. Harrumph.)
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options

I'd love to see the wonder woman cosplay! God I'm so jealous!! I want to cosplay.
    I already bought all the fabric for it. I just need to get my size down. The convwntion Iis in October so I will probably make it a couple weeks before. I'll post pics!
  • Fitgirl_666
    Options
    [/quote]

I'm not a gamer either. :)
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Looking for support from fellow gamers, nerds and geeks alike! Im in just about every fandom you can imagine, I mean my daughters name is Amelia Rose. Lol. Doctor Who fans will understand. I also own 7 gaming systems and way too many books. If you are like me, add me and we can support each other while talking about nerdy things. :)

That's because it's the best game.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    abuck_13 wrote: »
    Wow, D&D is still around? That is amazing. I haven't touched it in over 20 years. I was big into in the 80's, before they did some things and had it slide downhill with that whole 2nd Edition thing that was completely incompatible with the old releases. Ticked a bunch of us off, and I had to put it aside because of other things as well. Used to have a huge box to haul around with all the stuff.

I loved it but it is only as good as your DM.
  • Fitgirl_666
    Options

looooooooooooooooooove retro pinup!!! If you do this I want to see pictures!!

I'm aiming for a pinup pageant this summer at a rockabilly car show :)
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i'm def a nerd. own a ps2, xbox 360, wii, ds and 2 laptops for gaming. fav tv shows are archer, big bang theory and Doctor Who. i work in the IT field as well. ADD ME! :)
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    gramarye wrote: »
    See, I need to get with the 360 plug in! With my daughter a little over 1, she has learned to turn the tv off and on and it makes my gaming days less and less. Killing me. Between her, school and exercising, I don't get to game a whole lot.
    -tear-

You know you have to drop the consoles and become a member of the PC Master Race. You must transcend.

My superfandom are the Winchesters...hopefully us "Supernatural" folks are included here too. Of course love Dr. Who, Sherlock, LOTR, and so on, lol.

I am an oldie here, 50 next month.

Jeannine in Missouri striving for Immortality.

Ahhh fellow SPN fen! (And, for that matter, basically everything else.) Have you watched Sleepy Hollow? As much as I love Supernatural, the first season of Sleepy Hollow is basically everything from Supernatural done better. :D

Also, this whole thread is great. :D My son is named after Miles from the Vorkosigan series of books by Bujold. I definitely lean more sci-fi than fantasy, though I adore Game of Thrones. (Except the book that didn't have any of the characters I liked in it. Harrumph.)

I'm starting it now. Book 1 chapter 1. Let's do this.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

I'm reading through Naruto right now. Because why not. I haven't finished it. No spoilers!
    haven't read Naruto. working on "Gantz" and "Highschool of the dead". just got vol. 1 of "Magical girl apocalypse". i'm still wicked pissed that Tokyopop never finished "Life".

• adramaticpirate
    Options

I already bought all the fabric for it. I just need to get my size down. The convwntion Iis in October so I will probably make it a couple weeks before. I'll post pics!

Do it! Let me live through you! :)
  • thecraftinista
    thecraftinista Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    yay!!!!!!!!!! Fellow addicts!!!!

I also make crochet geekery too - looking for the perfect Jayne colors right now :)

So glad to find you peoples!

A fellow hooker!