Geeks need support too! Fandoms Unite!!

Options

Replies

• Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This make me very happy! :)

I'm more of a book nerd.

But, give me a good platformer and I'm happy: Mario, Zelda, Sonic... it all makes me very happy.
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    I'm a huge nerd too! Don't own a console though, since I'm mostly part of the PC master race.

PCS are awesome as well. I don't have many games on my PC though. Can never get us to the controls that way. It's like multitasking with my fingers and for some reason that is damn near impossible for me.

Quite a few PC games allow you to use an xbox controller plugged into a usb port.

I myself am an avid WoW and LoL player.

My boyfriend would love you.

I play WoW, not LoL (yet? I'm being pushed to try it) I love HP, A SOIAF books, the GoT show, The King killer Chronicles, and I can go on. I love reading, I just started a Japanese steampunk book I have high hopes for as well.
  • markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm an anime and video game geek. I'd be glad to give you support =).
  • adramaticpirate
    adramaticpirate Posts: 73 Member
    Options

I'm more of a book nerd.

But, give me a good platformer and I'm happy: Mario, Zelda, Sonic... it all makes me very happy.

I'm half way through Sword of Truth and starting Game of Thrones. I have so many books but just keep buying more.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Hey! I like most of the standard geek canon as well.

I'm into PC gaming, sci-fi novels, DC & Marvel, D&D, LOTR, Peanuts, Star Wars (getting really hyped again, reading the Dark Horse comics and some novels), Star Trek, Doctor Who, some anime, following far-future stuff (transhumanism, the Singularity), eagerly awaiting the Oculus Rift... all that good stuff.

Cool to see folks talking 'bout this stuff here.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Is anyone into Star Wars? I am such a huge SW junkie!!! Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros and GTA are also my top favorite games.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Total fandom fan chiming in here! Doctor Who, Sherlock, LotR, all sorts of different anime, RPG games, Marvel, Merlin, Pokemon games etc. I even got Middle Earth map tights for Christmas from my sister, she knows me so well. It's so cool having the mines of Moria on my right thigh. Anyone can add me, by the way! rc08ju4379z0.jpg
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Ahhh fellow SPN fen! (And, for that matter, basically everything else.) Have you watched Sleepy Hollow? As much as I love Supernatural, the first season of Sleepy Hollow is basically everything from Supernatural done better. :D

Also, this whole thread is great. :D My son is named after Miles from the Vorkosigan series of books by Bujold. I definitely lean more sci-fi than fantasy, though I adore Game of Thrones. (Except the book that didn't have any of the characters I liked in it. Harrumph.)[/quote]

Sleepy Hollow is one of my faves and I can watch it with my 10 yo son, we like to watch that and Gotham.

Too funny about GoT - I liked some of the characters but had to learn not to attach myself to any of them, tho don't want to give anything away to those still reading them.

• adramaticpirate
    Options
    I'm an anime and video game geek. I'd be glad to give you support =).

Add me! :)
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    One of my big secret reasons for my journey to fitness is so I can put together a retro pinup Wonderwoman cosplay next fall!

I love Doctor Who, Supernatural, HP, gaming and a lot more. I even hand make miniature replica of various props from my favorite fandoms in the form of jewelry. Everyone here should friend me!

looooooooooooooooooove retro pinup!!! If you do this I want to see pictures!!

I'm aiming for a pinup pageant this summer at a rockabilly car show :)
    My first pinup shoot is this March. Cherry Dollface is doing hair and that was what kind of kicked my butt into gear. I gotta get my sexy back to pose pinup.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    Hey! I like most of the standard geek canon as well.

I'm into PC gaming, sci-fi novels, DC & Marvel, D&D, LOTR, Peanuts, Star Wars (getting really hyped again, reading the Dark Horse comics and some novels), Star Trek, Doctor Who, some anime, following far-future stuff (transhumanism, the Singularity), eagerly awaiting the Oculus Rift... all that good stuff.

Cool to see folks talking 'bout this stuff here.

I thought I'd get us all in one room. A geek off!
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    Total fandom fan chiming in here! Doctor Who, Sherlock, LotR, all sorts of different anime, RPG games, Marvel, Merlin, Pokemon games etc. I even got Middle Earth map tights for Christmas from my sister, she knows me so well. It's so cool having the mines of Moria on my right thigh. Anyone can add me, by the way! rc08ju4379z0.jpg

Ok 1, let's address those leggings. I need them in my life. 2. Yes to all your fandoms. :)
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options

I'm more of a book nerd.

I'm half way through Sword of Truth and starting Game of Thrones. I have so many books but just keep buying more.

That's a marvelous problem to have! Lolz.
    I am re-reading some right now. I just got my hands on The Bell Jar and can't wait to start 1984 again. :)

• StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I read way too much... and I am a tad bit obsessed with Harry Potter. Well, more than a tad. Actually most British things..I love.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    Is anyone into Star Wars? I am such a huge SW junkie!!! Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros and GTA are also my top favorite games.

Love all the games but have never been big into SW.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options

I'm more of a book nerd.

That's a marvelous problem to have! Lolz.
    I am re-reading some right now. I just got my hands on The Bell Jar and can't wait to start 1984 again. :)

Omg 1984. I loved everything except the endless rule chapters.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    I read way too much... and I am a tad bit obsessed with Harry Potter. Well, more than a tad. Actually most British things..I love.

I'm right there with ya. Sooo much love for HP. I want a bag of flavor beams Sooo badly.
  • AtItAgain_1
    AtItAgain_1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome group here! I'm an xbox gamer and love DAI, also just started catching up to the game of thrones. Also looking for new supporters here as many of my previous have dropped off!
  • ChefKatana
    ChefKatana Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hmm... Do I count?
    Huge fan of Game of Thrones, Star Wars and Doctor Who.
    I love Stephen King.
    I play video games on both PC (Sims, Prison Architect, LOL, AoW and SW:TOR) and 360 (Final Fantasy, GoW 1,2&3, Tekken and Street fighter)
    I have over 350 Cooking books (Mainly desserts)
    I love Anime, Hello Kitty or anything to do with Traditional Japanese culture.
    I collect Katana, Gaming/Movie figurines, (I have a compulsion keep them in the original packaging o.o) and Pokemon Cards
  • Skyz4dayz
    Skyz4dayz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well, Hello there! This is MY kind of thread!

Gamer and total Dr. Who fan.

I'm all about that Xbox, 'bout that Xbox, no playstation…... :#