Geeks need support too! Fandoms Unite!!

Options

Replies

• Fitgirl_666
    Fitgirl_666 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I read way too much...

no such thing :)

Anyone else as happy as I am with the invention of tablets/kindles...I was seriously running out of room for my books!

I fought it for awhile...but I was running out of book room too. Hubs picked me up a plain ol' Kindle just to read. If I was home it was in my hands. One thing I love about it, is that it opens me up to so many other authors I never would have looked at before.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Fellow Geek - my deskmate at work and i have a plus Mabari as our "mascot" :) His name is BarkSpawn (Dragon Age fans will get this)

LOTR, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Outlander....

Even found a FitBit RPG app - unfortunately my FitBit died...completely before i could start playing :(
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    One of my big secret reasons for my journey to fitness is so I can put together a retro pinup Wonderwoman cosplay next fall!

I love Doctor Who, Supernatural, HP, gaming and a lot more. I even hand make miniature replica of various props from my favorite fandoms in the form of jewelry. Everyone here should friend me!

looooooooooooooooooove retro pinup!!! If you do this I want to see pictures!!

I'm aiming for a pinup pageant this summer at a rockabilly car show :)
    My first pinup shoot is this March. Cherry Dollface is doing hair and that was what kind of kicked my butt into gear. I gotta get my sexy back to pose pinup.

Looks like you got it going on pretty well there!
  • adramaticpirate
    adramaticpirate Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    FloraJL wrote: »
    I'm a card-carrying member of a couple of Geek Meetup groups. Current Chatelaine for my Barony in the Society for Creative Anachronism (medieval re-creation). Hosted a Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog Sing-Along. Already bought my tickets to see the last two episodes of Game of Thrones in IMAX before the new season starts. Downloaded and printed my own set of Nerds Against Humanity. On MFP, joined the group TO MORDOR!

Nice... I have to admit, don't shoot me, but I've never seen dr. Horrible. :( And I love me some NPH
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    abuck_13 wrote: »
    Wow, D&D is still around? That is amazing. I haven't touched it in over 20 years. I was big into in the 80's, before they did some things and had it slide downhill with that whole 2nd Edition thing that was completely incompatible with the old releases. Ticked a bunch of us off, and I had to put it aside because of other things as well. Used to have a huge box to haul around with all the stuff.

I loved it but it is only as good as your DM.

That was always the case, but the problem most of us had at the time was that it was a pure money grab. Nothing was compatible between first and second edition. So you had people with hundreds and thousands invested, that basically told them to pound salt and ended up stopping, or just playing first edition only.

It's a shame really. But it's true. It's all about the money.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Fellow Geek - my deskmate at work and i have a plus Mabari as our "mascot" :) His name is BarkSpawn (Dragon Age fans will get this)

LOTR, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Outlander....

Even found a FitBit RPG app - unfortunately my FitBit died...completely before i could start playing :(

Mabari!!! Omg yes!!! I loves mine.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Wow, D&D is still around? That is amazing. I haven't touched it in over 20 years. I was big into in the 80's

Aha, we're the same age! Me too, yeah, was big into lots of TSR games in the early '80s.
    I didn't pay much attention after the company fell apart in the '90s. But very long story short, they're now owned by Hasbro. The fifth edition just came out and is being well-received:
    dnd.wizards.com/

As of last summer, there's a really good boxed starter set for about $15, and then you have the Big Three books dropping now (Player's Handbook, DMs Guide, Monster Manual).

It's been really rewarding to be paying attention to this stuff again. The Reddit group is a good easy resource. The books are a blast to read, though I don't know if I'll be actually playing again (ever).
  • mango90
    mango90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    So nice to see so many fellow geeks here! I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who, Game of Thrones (books and show), Harry Potter (just the books), The Walking Dead, video games, reading, anime, and manga.

One of my main motivators for exercising right now is that I've banned myself from my PS4 until I've worked out for the day. And every second not playing Dragon Age Inquisition is a second wasted.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    mango90 wrote: »
    So nice to see so many fellow geeks here! I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who, Game of Thrones (books and show), Harry Potter (just the books), The Walking Dead, video games, reading, anime, and manga.

One of my main motivators for exercising right now is that I've banned myself from my PS4 until I've worked out for the day. And every second not playing Dragon Age Inquisition is a second wasted.

This. Is. So. True.
    Especially with all the side quests they have you do now. Holy crap.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Another nerd/geek here, I've been catching up on The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones lately during my workouts. I've got 3 episodes of BSG left to watch with my wife and I'm trying to get her to get into Doctor Who, but every episode is a zombie or ghost (alien) and she's not a fan of the supernatural.
    I'm a Marvel/X-Men Zombie, started collecting comics again after a ten year break.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Last games I played were on NES/Super NES - Super Mario, Tiny Toons Adventure, The Adventures of Bartman, Super Mario Bros. Although, I used to love playing Tekken and Street Fighter at arcades.

However, I'm a big tv/movie/music/book nerd. :) I Love Lucy, The Munsters, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Doctor Who, STNG, ST Voyager, and yes - I love Star Wars even though I love Star Trek lol. Supernatural, Psych, American Horror Story (all of them), The Originals, Vampire Diaries (guilty pleasure - I judge myself for watching it), Being Human, Heros, Lost, Brooklyn 99, I'm going to stop myself before I continue with tv shows then start on movies. Classics to musicals to dramas to comedies to action to sci fi to fantasy to superheros...I think Lonely Island would call me a "cinephile".

*stops self from writing more* Good day.
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the adds peeps! Keep em coming! My fandoms are...

BBC Sherlock
    Doctor Who
    AtLA/LoK
    Star Wars
    LoTR
    Game of Thrones
    Hunger Games
    Harry Potter
    WoW
    Books in general

I'm sure there are a bunch I'm forgetting, but you get the idea!
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    renku wrote: »
    Another nerd/geek here, I've been catching up on The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones lately during my workouts. I've got 3 episodes of BSG left to watch with my wife and I'm trying to get her to get into Doctor Who, but every episode is a zombie or ghost (alien) and she's not a fan of the supernatural.
    I'm a Marvel/X-Men Zombie, started collecting comics again after a ten year break.

Lol. Yea. Doctor who might be pushing it with her.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    Last games I played were on NES/Super NES - Super Mario, Tiny Toons Adventure, The Adventures of Bartman, Super Mario Bros. Although, I used to love playing Tekken and Street Fighter at arcades.

However, I'm a big tv/movie/music/book nerd. :) I Love Lucy, The Munsters, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Doctor Who, STNG, ST Voyager, and yes - I love Star Wars even though I love Star Trek lol. Supernatural, Psych, American Horror Story (all of them), The Originals, Vampire Diaries (guilty pleasure - I judge myself for watching it), Being Human, Heros, Lost, Brooklyn 99, I'm going to stop myself before I continue with tv shows then start on movies. Classics to musicals to dramas to comedies to action to sci fi to fantasy to superheros...I think Lonely Island would call me a "cinephile".

Musicals! I'm a nerd for them. 7 bride for 7 brothers, all gene kelly, etc etc.
  • Fitgirl_666
    Options
    Hey! Any Horror fans?!?!
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Also a shhh... YA book geek. Divergernt, hunger games, Shiver, HON, Mortal instruments Gasp twilight!!!. I love them all.

I love the Dystopia.

But i love grown up books too. Patricia Briggs with the Mercy Thompson series, and Alpha and Omega, Kelley Armstrong Women of the otherworld, Gail Carringon(sp) Parasol Proctorate series. Reading the Outlander series now.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    Alright my lovlies. I have to get ready for class, stupid college, but don't let our geekdom die while I'm gone! If it does, don't forget to add me! Still so much for fandom over. <3
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Love love love Being Human (US version, never watched the UK)...and I recently made my kids watch West Side Story with me :smile: They were not as thrilled as I was, although I have gotten them into Star Wars and they liked the newer Star Trek movies.

Anyone else like the Clone Wars and Rebels?
  • Fitgirl_666
    Options
    Also a shhh... YA book geek. Divergernt, hunger games, Shiver, HON, Mortal instruments Gasp twilight!!!. I love them all.

We all have our guilty pleasures :) I consumed the Twilight books. I'm a Jake girl :D