Southbeach diet

Options
Is anyone on here on sbd... If so. How are you getting on. I'm on my second day and would love some great recipe ideas

Replies

• Genichik
    Genichik Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am interested in starting the Southbeach diet, but I can't find anywhere that indicates how many carbs are suggested in phase one. Do you know the reccomendations? I'm looking to lose about 20 to 25 lbs. Thanks!
  • jaydene_simpson
    Options
    On phase one you have very little carbs. If you download the southbeach app, it has lists of what you're allowed to eat and how much of it. I tried this diet before an had great results. Then a breakup made me give up on it. I've now been back on it for 6 days and I feel great again. I want to lose 45-50 lb. good luck. I would definately recommend this diet.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat at a deficit?
  • jaydene_simpson
    Options
    Sorry I don't understand. What do you mean?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't understand. What do you mean?
    Instead of eating specific foods, just eat at a caloric deficit to lose weight.
  • jaydene_simpson
    Options
    I'm really happy with the diet I have chosen. And I know I'll get the results I'm looking for. But thanks for your suggestion. And obvious you're free to choose and diet you think would work best for you :)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I did it years ago. I lasted 5 days on phase one, getting loopier as they progressed. Phase 2, on the other hand, changed my approach to food for life, and set me on track to be able to meet calorie targets later. It worked, too.

Recipe ideas for phase one, I can't remember, sorry, but there must still be tons on the web if you google.
  • happygrandma52
    happygrandma52 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Kalynskitchen.com is a great site for SBD friendly recipes. All the recipes I've tried are great.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I'm really happy with the diet I have chosen. And I know I'll get the results I'm looking for. But thanks for your suggestion. And obvious you're free to choose and diet you think would work best for you :)
    You're happy with South Beach but you yo-yo diet. Ok.
  • butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I am also doing south beach. I didn't start in phase 1. Started in phase 2. I love it. However, I still keep my calories in MFP. I know south beach works for me. I did a lot of research before beginning and have tons of recipes. Keeping things new is what I needed to succeed so I needed lots of different choices. I don't mind sharing recipes with whomever would like them.