Bread

Options
2»

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Nope eat the white bread. You can eat white rice too. When someone says a food is bad for you just smile, nod and make it fit into your day :)

You can even eat stuff like in my picture

You tease! Those look like chocolate brownies.....got ice cream?

Uh huh it's a chocolate brownie with thin mint layer in the center, hershey kisses on top and a whole thin mint in the center. This was the one my husband surprised me with today, after the cannoli doughnut I got earlier lol Macros what macros lol
    I want to eat your avi
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Nope eat the white bread. You can eat white rice too. When someone says a food is bad for you just smile, nod and make it fit into your day :)

You can even eat stuff like in my picture

You tease! Those look like chocolate brownies.....got ice cream?

Uh huh it's a chocolate brownie with thin mint layer in the center, hershey kisses on top and a whole thin mint in the center. This was the one my husband surprised me with today, after the cannoli doughnut I got earlier lol Macros what macros lol
    I want to eat your avi

Come visit me and I'll take you to the bakery!
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I don't like white bread, simply because it's bland. sourdough is my go to. If you want a "healthier" bread go for something with grains in it. In the end though they're all much of a muchness

I feel the same way about white bread being too plain. I do eat it sometimes. Recently I discovered these herb ciabatta buns at the Walmart bakery, and they're so yummy. I've been eating sandwiches on them every day for a week, lol.

• samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I would join the group saying go ahead and eat the white bread!

However, if you are wanting some suggestions of new bread type things to try for your work sandwiches, you could give wraps (tortillas), panini bread or pita bread a try!
  • jnv7594
    Options

rabbitjb wrote: »
    They look like boobs :grinning:

Honestly, when I first saw it, I thought it was one of those adult erotica cakes, lol.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »

Honestly, when I first saw it, I thought it was one of those adult erotica cakes, lol.

lol I keep those off MFP I get in enough trouble as it is
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you guys must think I'm silly lol. I thought white bread was bad for you, someone told me it's the worst kind for you
    It's not "bad" for you. It's not as nutritious as 100% whole wheat bread (with minimal ingredients), but no, it's not "bad" per se.

If you don't like 100% whole wheat, don't eat it. :smile:

I prefer whole wheat bread, personally. But not everyone does.
  • jnv7594
    edited January 2015
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »

lol I keep those off MFP I get in enough trouble as it is

Well, even though that's what I thought it was, it still looked yummy. I wonder if that's a bad thing? Reminds me of this episode of Friends where Joey says "is it okay if I still think it looks delicious. " :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EeTN3dB8x0

• Victoriamrs
    Victoriamrs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I prefer wholegrain bread myself or any bread with pumpkin or sesame seeds in it but sometimes you can't beat an oul slice of fresh white bread toasted lashings of butter melted with a big mug of tea. Yum I just can't eat it too often as I get bloating and stomach cramps but now and again its worth it.

Sometimes I buy those make your own bread just add water packets as well as water I add my favourite fillings such as raisin and walnuts or sun dried tomatoes, have them with my favourite home made soup delish!

As everyone has said everything in moderation, balance is key and once you are in your calorie goal you won't go far too wrong.

Enjoy your bread :)
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I've cut down because it isn't worth the calories to me. Ham, vegetables, and cheese are great in an omelet, or you can wrap up brick cheese in deli meat.

But like everyone else says, there is nothing wrong with it, you will lose weight while eating it as long as you're in a deficit, and sometimes you have to throw out things people tell you or that you read in Women's Health.
  • Victoriamrs
    Victoriamrs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Here are some other ideas for an alternative lunch without bread:

When I make a hamburger at home I actually use mushrooms instead of sesame seed buns, anyway

http://empoweredsustenance.com/no-bread-sandwiches/