GET FOCUSED IN MAY Mini Challenge for 5/7 & 5/8

Options
To: Get Focused in May Challenge Participants

It has been requested by Lee that the weekend mini challenge is to go through your clothes and gather all the clothing that are too big for you to wear and donate them to the Salvation Army or Goodwill or similar organization in your area.

As always, it is a requirement that you post a reply to this thread advising whether or not you were able to complete this task.

Thank you for you time.

Very truly yours,
~*.*~♥Violette♥4Ever♥~*.*~
(This message has brought to you by the LEE FOR PRESIDENT campaign)

Replies

• Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    This is such a GREAT idea!!!! Spring is the perfect time to clean out the closets too...... and I'll go through the boys clothes to see what's too small for them as well. There is no Salvation Army close by for me but I'll give my donations to our community church.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Does it count that I already did this a few weeks ago? My fat clothes are all gone!
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    :( I'm still wearing my fat clothes! Can I do this in a month or two? I suck!
  • ladyjammie
    ladyjammie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I actually did this last night! Perfect Timing!
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Me, too :ohwell: great idea, though!
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Me, too :ohwell: great idea, though!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    This is already on the agenda for the day!!!
    HS in town is having a clothing drive so I am bagging it all up to bring it on over there this morning!
  • Fesse
    Options
    Come on now guys.... dig deep in your closets for this one. Surely there are clothes that you have that you no longer wear, gently worn winter coats.... childrens clothes are always in need!!!! Did you know that bedding (like gently used Duvets) are in need as well, these are the types of things EVERYONE can donate!!!!!!! Let's make this challenge really COUNT..... it's not just for us, it really can help those in need.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    just did this last weekend, as well as outgrown toys and delivered to renaissance.
  • Fesse
    Options
    just did this last weekend, as well as outgrown toys and delivered to renaissance.
    TOYS!!!!!! Perfect idea as well !!!
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I've not got too much I can get rid of but will go through the wardrobe :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    OK, this one will have to wait for a day, I'm at my parents house for the weekend.
    I have already got rid of quite a bit of stuff as it got too big (yay!) but I will find some more once I'm home.
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I don't really have clothes that are too big, but I do have things that I don't wear anymore... will be bagging up and donating this weekend!!! What a wonderful challenge (because living life isn't always about the number on the scale)!
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I just cleaned out my closet not too long a go, but I promise as soon as I get some clothes I can part ways with I surely will. :drinker:

Not to mention a good friend of mine works at our local Goodwill. It would give me a chance to go see her too. :love:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Will do! We're planning on cleaning out the garage too, so that will give me the chance to find other things to donate. Great challenge!!
  • gunny34
    gunny34 Posts: 68
    Options
    ok, was on my list of TO DOs anyways :) will repost when task has been completed.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Well, poop. I already did that! Weeks ago, I got rid of all the clothes that are too small. Like 5-6 sizes too small, out of date. Clothes I have had for 9 years!
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I'm sure I've got loads of old stuff that isn't too shabby for the charity shop. I'll have a look.
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Son's room done....now onto my closet....!! 3 bags of clothes and 2 boxes of toys so far given to Salvation Army....Just left....
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Just did this myself. What a good feeling to clear out that stuff and give it to someone who can use it.