Weekends

what tips do you all have for being good on the weekends and keeping the momentum?

Replies

• carmatiz
    carmatiz Posts: 124 Member
    I try to stay busy. Still continue going to the gym regardless of the weekend. Look at it as just another day.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    My biggest issue is my husband wants to go go on weekends and interrupts my flow. I'm a sahm and do my thing during week but weekends are different story. At best I am to be under cal but rarely get my workout done.
  • JonKinarthy
    JonKinarthy Posts: 44 Member
    Have the same breakfast every day, and even on the weekends. Knowing you did good at breakfast helps set the day on the right track. Also, pack healthy snacks in your purse/bag. I keep 45 calorie stretch island fruit leathers in my bag, they save me from stopping at a drive through so many times.
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Agree about the breakfast so much. I've weighed my porridge and brought it to my in laws house this weekend with my skimmed milk and sweetener for tea. I had over 3000 cals yesterday celebrating mother in law's b day, mainly alcohol, but the breakfast this morning from my suitcase has helped me feel right back on plan.
    Saturday is often a bad day for me with staying under but Sunday is back on track.
  • beachlover83
    beachlover83 Posts: 68 Member
    Stay busy and start your day out with a work out. I find it's hardest to work out on the weekend because my schedule is so different. If I don't work out first thing in the morning, it won't happen.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Yeah, workout first, no excuses, then you're good to go for the day. I actually bring food with me to friend's homes, parties, etc., nothing keeps me from my goals. If anyone looks at me cross-eyed, I just say I'm here for the wonderful company not a meal.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Being good? You mean like not being mean to people, doing charitable works and stuff like that? Well, I don't do much other than try to be a good person. I admit I'm a little lazy.

Ohh.... you mean staying within calorie counts?

*wrygrin* I will point out that it's pretty hard to snack when you're volunteering at a soup kitchen, or cleaning an elderly neighbor's house...
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Have the same breakfast every day, and even on the weekends. Knowing you did good at breakfast helps set the day on the right track. Also, pack healthy snacks in your purse/bag. I keep 45 calorie stretch island fruit leathers in my bag, they save me from stopping at a drive through so many times.

This, but I don't stress out if I'm a little over on the weekends. I still track to make sure I don't go way over but I'm in this for the long haul; letting myself enjoy the weekends while I'm in the weight loss phase will give me the motivation to stick to this lifestyle when I hit maintenance.
  • mrsjefa
    mrsjefa Posts: 20 Member
    Thanks everyone!