Any gastric Sleeve people?

Options
I'm a newbie and I just had gastric sleeve surgery on 12/23/14. I'm looking for tools, ENCOURAGEMENT, and support from everyone. I have never exercised since I have always been a plus size person. However, now I will be exercising on a daily basis. Please don't be shy and respond. Thanks in advanced. Have a blessed day.

Replies

• kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    how have things been for you post-op? have you started solids yet?
  • Sassyrae21
    Sassyrae21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve 12/12/14. I can eat solids now but am having such a hard time eating more than 600 cals/day. How's sleeved life going?
  • britiajon
    Options
    I was sleeved 09/16/2011. Lost 145 lbs and maintained it for the most part. Need to lose some I gained over Christmas and from starting a new desk job and sitting in my butt all day. my advice is to take advantage of this first year when restriction is at its best. Try to develop good habits because as hard as it is to believe, there will come a day when you can eat very "normally" and you need to not let those habits that got us to the point of surgery, take over. Good luck, still the best decision I ever made :)
  • ambrosia79
    ambrosia79 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am almost one year out from surgery. I totally agree with the above post about taking advantage of the first year, but for me it was really the first 5 months. I had zero complications, and even though I still have good restriction, I can eat quite a bit if I'm eating the wrong foods. Some people never seem to get their hunger back and have to remind themselves to eat. Others, like me, feel perfectly normal aside from the restriction, and I still have hunger and crave bad foods. There is such a big emotional part of eating, so don't forget to work on that as well. All that being said, I love this tool I was given to help me get my life back on track. Since beginning my pre-op diet, I have lost around 80 pounds. I went from getting winded when I walk to now running 3-4 miles a day.
  • dclaytonmk
    Options
    Hello l, I got sleeved on 12/23/14 as well and have been seeking support tools. My total weight loss so far is 14.6 lbs. It was a bit of a struggle getting the procedure around the holidays, but I wouldn't change it for nothing.
  • Jessr0se
    Options
    Congrats! I was sleeved July 10th of 2014 so I'm 6 months out. Feel free to ask any questions! I'm still learning as I go too.
  • daphneshop78
    Options
    Hi I'm Daphne And I was sleeved August 7th of 2014 .
    I lost 38kg
  • ChampsMom1205
    ChampsMom1205 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm lovely I was sleeved 10/14/14 I'm 3 months post op and I'm learning something new everyday. Feel free to add me.
  • AndreaT28
    AndreaT28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve done on September 9th, 2013. Please add if you want.
  • keepinitasecret
    Options
    I'm in the process of jumping through all of the hoops to get the sleeve done. Endoscopy is next :)
  • julieet76
    julieet76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I had the sleeve done in 2_4_14. It was worth it I have lost a 105 lbs. If u have any question I am here.
  • julieet76
    julieet76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    cbjaquez wrote: »
    I'm a newbie and I just had gastric sleeve surgery on 12/23/14. I'm looking for tools, ENCOURAGEMENT, and support from everyone. I have never exercised since I have always been a plus size person. However, now I will be exercising on a daily basis. Please don't be shy and respond. Thanks in advanced. Have a blessed day.

• mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i'm a preop sleever. nice to meet you!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    There are MFP groups for discussion of the various operations, along with the lifelong problems which come from them.

Overall, on the message boards, such things are not well-received.

51637601.png

Done with simply eating less & moving more, eating whatever I want, and still able to eat whatever I want.
  • cecyg
    cecyg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is cecy. I was sleeved 12/22/14. Down 20 lbs since the surgery. Total loss of 45 lbs.
  • aliibambam
    aliibambam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was sleeved 1/14/15. I'm new. My name is Ali, I could use tips and encouragement too. I'm only on week 2. :) I've lost 25 pounds so far. Please add me.
  • mycotton79
    Options
    I was sleeved 12/8
  • sharamia
    sharamia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to get the sleeve in June. I'm doing the classes now. I gotta tell you it really scares me. I don't know if I can avoid drinking when I eat, or just sip water all day.
  • Kleona29
    Kleona29 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm also jumping thru the hoops to get the sleeve. I'm so exited about it but also nervous. I do lots of emotional eating and I think I'll probably have trouble with that. I'm glad there are so many of us out here.
  • maggiesaldivar834
    Options
    Hi. I was sleeved 12/20 currently hit a 9 day stall and counting. Uugghh just joined to see if i can ramp up my weightloss.