Now or Never!

Options
weldinchic
weldinchic Posts: 34 Member
So I've been stalking this website for the last couple weeks and I gotta say it's addictive. I've been going through the success stories like a coupon clipper through the Sunday paper. I'm seeing such great outcomes and still not doing anything about it.

My back story is pretty much identical to everyone elses. Always the heavy girl, I was fat when fat was cute, then not so cute, then just downright embarassing. The last time I weighed less than 150lbs was probably in middle school or even late elementary school. I developed the shy/sometimes funny personality that people who are fat develop to try and make friends and I'm totally tired of it. I did get fed up at one point (199lbs :O ) and joined the RX movement, with a little help from my friend Adipex I dropped to a lovely 168lbs, best weight ever! Then over four years I'm back up to my beginning weight.

Nothing changed, I lost the weight, but I continued to stick to my unhealthy habits of comfort food and couch-sittin'. About six months into my marriage, the stress of being newly married, moving to a new place, graduating from college and starting a highly stressful job I packed on 30 lbs! IN SIX MONTHS!! WHAT?!?!?! I was in denial then I had to buy some new jeans, then I had to do it again, I went from an 8-10 to right now about to bust out of a 14. Talk about depressing.:frown:

But I'm ready for a change. I just need encouragement, knowledge that the scale really will change, and my husband to stop buying ice cream! I'm really ready to finally feel like I'm as beautiful on the outside as I feel on the inside. I want the pictures to finally tell the real truth not have that carnival mirror trick that makes everything really big. So I'm posting this here, because if I do this, I'm finally telling someone other than myself. Because if I only tell myself, I will continue to be JUST a stalker and not a do-er. This might suck....but it's now or never!

Replies

• CollegeGirl19
    CollegeGirl19 Posts: 101
    Options
    You can absolutely do this! Congratulations on starting; that's the hardest part.
  • yankeegurl
    yankeegurl Posts: 20
    Options
    Would love to help encourage...friend me @ yankeegurl :wink:
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Let others inspire you and then go do it yourself!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi welcome and gd luck feel free 2 add me:flowerforyou:
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think you are going to LOVE being an active participant in MFP. MFP keeps me from having the "all or nothing" attitude that almost always guarantees failure. I am able to track my progress daily - well actually throughout the day - thereby giving me much needed perspective. If I have a pile of cookies at 10am, I can still see that I have an entire day to work them off, so it is no excuse to give up for the day :) That sort of thing. Also, about the comfort food. In the beginning, I strongly suggest that you do not worry about what you should not be eating. Just be sure you are eating a sound diet. Giving your body all the necessary nutrients and calories to succeed. You can begin to worry about what you might want to cut out as you build your fitness level. Good luck!!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I've been on this journey for almost a year. I have lost all the weight I wanted and am now maintaining. I think of it as my hobby and getting healthy is the benefit.
  • elifefull
    elifefull Posts: 46
    Options
    Everyone has some type of journey and this is yours, you can handle this, you have come thus far so I believe. Just add me as a friend for extra encouragement!!!!!!!!!!
  • kathyw731
    kathyw731 Posts: 22
    Options
    Time to go! You can do this! I know, because I have. I have fought weight my entire adult life. I have learned that the secret to weight loss (besides eating properly) is exercise. So many things count. Today, I'm going to the Zoo with my grandchildren. In two hours of walking very slowly, I will have burned 454 calories. You can mow the lawn and burn tons. I like having a selection of DVD's (and I love my WII Fit Plus), so that I can choose what fun I want to have that day spoiling my body with exercise. If I had only one, I would get bored. This way, I'm choosing my fun.

I have really loved having such great support on MFP. You will to. If you want to succeed, and I can tell you do, this is THE place to start. Get some friends attached to you, and you will feel like you have personal cheerleaders and great friends everyday to keep you going. If you have even the smallest competitive streak, you will love trying to keep up with them on exercise. Closing the day under goal feels great.

If you need a friend to help out.... add me! I'd love to share your journey.

This is the day! We are all waiting to go with you. One day at a time. Actually, one minute. YOU CAN DO THIS. You will look and feel amazing.