7lbs in 20 days(:

I really felt like I wasn't getting anywhere since when I first started this app I was 160.8 lbs and now I'm 153.4. It just didn't seem like much to me until I realized that if only been on this app for 20 days. (Logging on everyday since I started) that's about a 1 lb loss every 3 days on average which is actually pretty awesome!(: even those little .2 lb losses mean something and add up so don't let the everyday numbers get you down. Embrace them!! Even if you put on a half pound like I do every other day, it two steps forward but only one step back.

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Hey there Chelsea,
    Congratulations on embracing this healthy lifestyle and really making it pay off for you!! That progress is the first of many victories that I'm sure you'll get as a result of determination and dedication!

Wishing you complete success!!

Adam
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    I know how you feel, when you weigh every day and the scale only shows tiny changes it seems like a waste of time but then a few weeks in you realize that you've actually lost a decent amount of weight. I'm trying to stop weighing as often, or at least not pay as much attention to the number except on my weekly weigh-ins.
  • ChelseaRideout
    ChelseaRideout Posts: 25 Member
    Codilee87 wrote: »
    I'm trying to stop weighing as often, or at least not pay as much attention to the number except on my weekly weigh-ins.

I have the MFP app and pink pad for "feminine tracking". I keep my daily weighing on MFP to see the day to day changes and then keep my Monday and Friday weights on pink pad to see the changes through the week. I'm a little OCD about keeping track of things/charts/lists etc lol

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    @ChelseaRideout‌ I see a sweet baby in your photo. IF you are breastfeeding you should loss weight less aggressively to maintain milk supply. 1 to 1.5 lbs per week or4 to 6 lbs per month until baby starts solids at 6 months or later.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Codilee87 wrote: »
    I'm trying to stop weighing as often, or at least not pay as much attention to the number except on my weekly weigh-ins.
    I'm a little OCD about keeping track of things/charts/lists etc lol

Lol oh same here! I love my lists and charts and math and measuring and weighing - to the point that it becomes more of an obstable than a benefit. I'm so busy calculating everything that I forget to eat or will miss my workout window lol And of course I am the same way with my housework so I can't start cooking until I've cleaned the whole kitchen and I can't workout until the housework is done and I drive myself crazy 0.0

• Anishalee
    Anishalee Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Guys I'm looking for support to be able lo lose the necessary weight to fit into my cloths again you can add me or inbox me if you have any suggestions or idea's
  • ChelseaRideout
    ChelseaRideout Posts: 25 Member
    Codilee87: I have the SAME problem lol
    Meritage4: I am breastfeeding and had the same concerns. I really wasn't trying to lose as much weight as I was at the beginning but my supply is great, my little man doesn't have gas pains or constipation anymore, and we both feel great. I'm eating plenty and drinking lots of water. It's mainly just a change in diet/clean eating that's resulted in my weight loss.