Any Shortie women 5'0 -5'2 success stories?

Options

Replies

• ranaebunyon
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and weigh 153, I'm trying to get down to 130. I've done it before..I lose I gain I lose I gain so here we go again. The way I do it is cut wayyy back on my calorie intake. Once you get used to it you don't get as hungry all the time. If I work out I work hard so my metabolism spikes, that's when I don't watch my calories too hard but I stay high protein regardless.
  • nlittle1011
    Options
    Hey there, very new here. I' m5ft2 and about 184ish. I want to lose about 40-50 lbs! My plan is to track my calories and walk 3.9kms to work 3x a week to start. Add me as a friend if you want as I have none yet!
  • Mauigirl62
    Options
    I'm 5 feet tall and started at 172 lbs. Have lost 4 lbs. so far since January 3. Good to meet other shorties like myself. I am 61 and the pounds don't come off as easily as they did when I was much younger!
  • blpasquarella
    blpasquarella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'2" and about 5 years ago I was at 210-215. Since, I've lost about 75 lbs. I think I've managed to keep it off for so long because it was a long, slow process. In the beginning I was dead set on getting to my goal weight, but once I lost the first 40, life happened. I would lose 20, gain 10, maintain for months, gain, lose, yadda yadda. I'm around 133 now, and have decided to focus this year on health and fitness instead of weight, though I do hope to lose a little bit more!
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and weigh 153, I'm trying to get down to 130. I've done it before..I lose I gain I lose I gain so here we go again. The way I do it is cut wayyy back on my calorie intake. Once you get used to it you don't get as hungry all the time. If I work out I work hard so my metabolism spikes, that's when I don't watch my calories too hard but I stay high protein regardless.

Perhaps eating at a reasonable deficit instead of "cutting wayyy back" will help you stick with it! Figure out your TDEE (mine is about 1750 and we have similar stats) and eat about 15-20% under. It'll be SO MUCH easier to stick to so you'll face less of a yo-yo :smile:

I'm a runner and (5'2", started at 150, down 10lbs) eat at 1400 a day with one or two days a week closer to maintenance calories. I've done the yo-yo "diet" by trying to do 1200 cal/day, but once I would fall off of it, it would seem miserable getting started again.
  • nicole779
    Options
    Newbie here too!! 5'1 and 205 after my second baby. Looking to get down to 130
  • drmartz55
    drmartz55 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    5'1 - total loss about 32 lbs since 12/2013, since joining MFP in June last yr- 21 lbs lost & 5 lbs to goal now, current wt. 114.7
    If I can do this anyone can- I'm 59 yrs
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    This thread started in 2012 but has some recent stuff too, either way there are lots of pictures in it:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/743399/5-52-girls-i-want-to-hear-your-story-and-pics/p1

Me? I'm 5'1 and lost about 68 pounds and have been maintaining for 5 months now. My weight range is 110-115.
  • alodia4448
    Options
    I'm 5' 1" and from 69kgs I'm down to 55kgs. My BMI is now normal. My goal is 45kgs though. :)
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Emma. I'm 5'1.5", and I've lost almost 55 pounds since mid-June. I started at 220, and am at 166.6, with a goal of 133 or so.

I've lost the weight with portion control and deliberate choices. I still choose ice cream, or a cookie, but I choose them in small portions and (generally) when the calories remaining allow for it.

• oesmum
    oesmum Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and at my heaviest was 245ish. I lost a lot then got pregnant. I gained back way more than I would have liked. I was back up to 217lbs when I stared trying to do domthing about it this past summer and am now 159lbs. Hoping to lose 25 more.
  • Oops_Myhaloslipped
    Oops_Myhaloslipped Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft and I've lost 60lbs. Since December of last year. Still have a little over 20lbs. To go. I have hypothyroidism and sleep apnea which makes it hard but not impossible. Good luck. To you!pn6sbb5slxmq.jpg
  • Kristyai3
    Kristyai3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'0". Starting weight in June was 210. Current weight is 153. My goal weight is 125. I try to stay away from processed foods and carbs (doesn't always work) and my workouts consist of walking and Jillian Michaels DVDS. :smile:
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    5'2" and down 109lbs, can't post pics but have a comparison as my profile pic. Lots of walking helps. still a way to go but hey, I'll get there. Well done to you and everyone else, every pound off is valuable!
  • metiva
    metiva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hello,
    New to MFP as TODAY!
    i"m a lil shy of 5foot.....i am 4'11.5 to be exact.
    I need motivation!!! Im scared i may fail at this.

CW: 194
    GW: 140 (i think anything less will make me look to thin and sick)

i will be asking for friends to help me on this journey.
    Thank you!
    Patty
  • Nikkkosmom
    Options
    Thats my goal pretty much metiva!!! We can do this!!
  • NancyB422
    NancyB422 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    lil_pulp wrote: »
    I'm 4'11 and lost 72.5 pounds a while back (I started at 195 or so). I've gained around 10, but have been able to maintain that weight for years now. I still struggle with food, but feel so much healthier and believe that at some point I will lose that 10 again. (I've been focusing on other things the past few years.) Obviously eating healthy and cardio are super-important, but I also credit weight-lifting for being able to eat as much as I do and still maintain this weight.
    Hey! 4'11" here too! I've been as high as 135 and as low as 90. Right now I'm hovering around 125 but my goal right now is 120 (starting small).
    Last year I was at 132 on New Years Day and started working out with The Betty Rocker - she advocates clean eating and body resistant workouts and I really liked how she did it. I lost 10 pounds over the course of 6 months then summer comes and with it barbeques and beer and hot, humid weather just makes me swell (and not in a good way).
    I have to become more committed to myself and consistent workouts and eliminate evening snacking.
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1, started at 135 and am now just under 118. vyz6d2nr1cma.jpg
    Cheers!
  • sharmaynet
    sharmaynet Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi every one, I'm 29yrs and 5"1 and I weigh 174lb. I started 4 weeks ago and have lost 11lb. I'm eating around 1200calories a day, but im trying to stick to my Marcos as apposed to kcals. I also have a massive cheat meal on a sunday evening. I'm concerned after reading previous posts that maybe I'm eating to few calories??
    My goal is to reach 130lb by end of July.
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yes 1200 too little, unsustainable. Eat a bit more and do a little more. I'd be wanting 1500 at least at 174 lb.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!