Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,949 Member
    Options
    Not if you have 3.
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I personally don't find them satisfying. It's hard for me to choose a 100 calorie snack pack over 100 calories worth of grapes. Mmmmm, grapes.
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    If you can log it, you can eat it.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I like them. I bring them for my lunch so I can have a sweet treat with low calories.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Snack packs aren't bad, per se, but often times what's in them is just sugary carbs that won't fill you up. If you're going to snack pack, I'd aim for things with nuts and fruits that will fill you up in case of a hunger emergency. However, you'll pay out the wazoo for pre-packaged nuts, so you might as well buy the big size and portion yourself. :disagree:
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I used to bring a few different packs of the 100 calorie snacks... I just assumed that that would help with me losing weight. Instead, I was just always always hungry and when I got home from school I would eat massive amounts of food because I was starving lol. So now I don't eat them. I did have one for the first time in like, a very long time, while I was at my aunt's house because she had the cookie ones. But I ate it for a dessert, not because I was hungry and actually wanted something to hold me over until my next meal or snack.
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have ones that are brownie bites, & mini chocolate covered pretzels. They are a snack/dessert, & I like them because they are small pieces, so I can eat them slowly & enjoy them. I got something else that was 70 calories, & it turned out to be a 2 inch candy/cookie bar for the 70 calories-- not worth it, so won't be getting those again.
  • BeastReborn
    BeastReborn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Know what's an excellent 100 calorie snack pack? Fruit. A big ole banana. A honeycrisp apple. Filling, delicious, provides sustainable energy, water and fiber. I love me some fruit, eat it eryday.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Whatever helps you stay within your calorie allotment.
    A piece of fruit or some raw veggies may be a better choice nutritionally. Up to you how you want to spend your calories.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call them bad, especially if it's something you enjoy and would have trouble limiting yourself to the 100 calories worth if it weren't prepackaged. Personally, I'd rather have 100 calories of something more filling, like a fruit. But if it fits into your daily calories and what you're eating is filling you enough, then go for it. They do tend to cost a lot more than just buying a whole bag of whatever it is and portioning it out yourself.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    They aren't "bad". But I no longer eat them because they don't fill me at all and leave me wanting more of whatever it was! I find two clementines or a big banana or baby carrots way more filling! But they are a nice thing to fit in if it's for a quick and guiltless salt/sweets fix! But I don't expect hunger satisfaction from
    Them!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    100 calories doesn't even register on my satiety-o-meter. They're wasted calories, for me, so I avoid anything like that.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Unless it's 100 calories of meat or vegetable, I don't go for it. If I want a dessert/chocolate at night I'll find something closer to 200 to enjoy.
  • mcuozzo3
    mcuozzo3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is something that we will be doing for rest of our lives. I don't give up any food. Yes vegetables and fruits are a better nutritional choice but in the past when I did not let myself have a little treat here and there I would end up gaining weight back. I think being too strict can set you up for a binge. Maintenance is the most important part of any diet. Since I let myself have a little treat, for the first time in my life I have been able to maintain instead of yo yoing for years on and off. I am going to be sixty-two in March and I am maintaining for two years now which is a first for me. I guess it is better late than never. Everyone is different but this is what has worked for me.
  • shaunsmoot
    shaunsmoot Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The nutritional value in those little snack packs are not that great. I would advise to eat something clean like an apple w/ peanut butter or something that has more nutrition. You could always pick 1 or 2 days a week to include a snack pack so you don't feel deprived but I wouldn't do it on a daily basis.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    shaunsmoot wrote: »
    The nutritional value in those little snack packs are not that great. I would advise to eat something clean like an apple w/ peanut butter or something that has more nutrition. You could always pick 1 or 2 days a week to include a snack pack so you don't feel deprived but I wouldn't do it on a daily basis.

Why not?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I prepackage my own. Cheese, nuts, crackers, veggies, fruit. Cheaper that way.
  • amsbabs
    amsbabs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I prepackage my own. Cheese, nuts, crackers, veggies, fruit. Cheaper that way.

We spent a good hour doing this last night. Now if the kids or I want a quick snack, we just grab a baggie and we're good to go without having to stop and weigh or measure everything. Stretches the food budget A LOT and keeps a better eye on calorie intake.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Eat them if you want, but very few are tasty enough for me. There are a few of the fiber one bars that are pretty good (like then lemon bars or brownies).

I'd rather spend 100 calories on fruit, cottage cheese, popcorn, or special k cracker chips. Or even better 70 calories on a ghirardelli caramel chocolate square. Or up it to 150 calories for a serving of ice cream.

It's all about choices and balance. Eat what you want.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    They're fine, but I'd rather eat much more food for 100 calories than that. I can have an entire bag of 100 calorie popcorn or a tiny bag of itty bitty cookies. My fave snack is two apple rice cakes and a wedge of laughing cow cheese for 135 calories total.