Less carbs

Options
Hello, I need to eat less carbs and find it hard to eat breakfast and snacks without having too much of it.... Do you have any tips on what I could eat? :))))

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    OK, why do you need to eat less carb?

The easy way is to eat more protein and fat instead.

http://www.livelifeactive.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Macro-Cheat-Sheet-Banner.jpg
  • Abbie_T
    Abbie_T Posts: 38
    Options
    I'd suggest identifying what specific foods are the main sources of the carbs, then reduce or replace them.

Maybe substitute half of the portion with a low carb alternative?

That cheat sheet above is good!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I do low carb because of PCOS. I find that focusing on eating more meat, veggies and dairy (watch yogurt carbs) is easier than focusing on what NOT to eat. Pinterest has been my friend. I don't follow the keto diet but I do make some yummy keto meals that I find on there.
  • Jaysus_The_Jay
    Jaysus_The_Jay Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If only that sheet was veggie!
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my carbs between 35 to 40%. I've noticed my weightloss is more significant that way than when I eat 50%. I try to avoid bread and pasta. I'm not gluten intolerant, but I feel better without! (although I love pasta... but between losing weight and bloating, the choice is easy)
    My breakfasts are mostly smoothies with plain greek yogurt (fruits have carbs, but at least not starchy) or omelets. For lunch and diner, I try to go with lots of meat (or fish) and veggies with half a cup of something starchy like rice. I usually have a yogurt with fresh fruits for dessert if I'm still hungry. My snacks are mostly cottage cheese, chicken with rice crackers, nuts, homemade soup or protein bars.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    When carbs are cut I agree with the thought to replace them with good Fats for sure. Carbs seem to burn fast in my case but the same calories from Fats will last hours longer. Fats do not increase the risks of Cancer and Type 2 Diabetes like Carbs do which is a plus in my mind also.
  • klaraam
    klaraam Posts: 30
    Options

http://www.livelifeactive.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Macro-Cheat-Sheet-Banner.jpg[/quote]

Thank you! That's great

• klaraam
    Options
    Abbie_T wrote: »
    I'd suggest identifying what specific foods are the main sources of the carbs, then reduce or replace them.

Maybe substitute half of the portion with a low carb alternative?

That cheat sheet above is good!

Yes I think that I get most of my carbs from bread, I'm trying to eat smoothies and egg instead of it :)

• klaraam
    Options
    melduf wrote: »
    I try to keep my carbs between 35 to 40%. I've noticed my weightloss is more significant that way than when I eat 50%. I try to avoid bread and pasta. I'm not gluten intolerant, but I feel better without! (although I love pasta... but between losing weight and bloating, the choice is easy)
    My breakfasts are mostly smoothies with plain greek yogurt (fruits have carbs, but at least not starchy) or omelets. For lunch and diner, I try to go with lots of meat (or fish) and veggies with half a cup of something starchy like rice. I usually have a yogurt with fresh fruits for dessert if I'm still hungry. My snacks are mostly cottage cheese, chicken with rice crackers, nuts, homemade soup or protein bars.

Thank you for sharing, great tips :)
  • klaraam
    Options
    Thank you all for your answers, they helped me!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    OK, why do you need to eat less carb?

http://www.livelifeactive.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Macro-Cheat-Sheet-Banner.jpg

which means fewer carbs.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Eggs, cheese, and meats!
  • deejayy89
    deejayy89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I've started making egg muffins on Sunday night. Place them in the fridge and pop 2 in the microwave for breakfast throughout the week. The varieties are endless... Spinach, mushrooms, peppers, onions, seasonings, bacon, ham, a little hot sauce, whatever you like..placed in each muffin cup, mix up eggs and pour over each cup, bake at 350 for 30 mins, then let them sit to cool. I pair 2 with half a fruit and a glass of water and stay pretty full.
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I tried that link to the cheat sheet and it says page no longer exists.. anyone have a copy they can send me?
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to have less too, for example; I've been eating green smoothies for breakfast, eggs for lunch then a rice and meat meal for dinner and fruit snacks
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Hmm....Bacon! :D
  • Tonilynn70
    Tonilynn70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am also doing low carb (under direction of my doctor) - I will eat left overs from dinner for breakfast. That is really the first thing you need to so.. break the stigma that there is a "breakfast food". This morning for example, I mixed a left over pork chop with some roasted veggies. It fills me up and there is barely any carbs (except from the peppers). The other morning I had left over chicken from a rotisserie chicken, deviled eggs and some red peppers with queso.

My new favorite snack food is buffalo chicken dip. I can eat it with a fork! But I also make cheese crisps and use them as chips.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Fewer...

...sorry.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Kari121869 wrote: »
    I tried that link to the cheat sheet and it says page no longer exists.. anyone have a copy they can send me?

956aec6d-45ed-4b9d-8bd4-c28b41e76c1b_zps5aizkw7o.jpg
  • klaraam
    Options
    fbmandy55 wrote: »
    I do low carb because of PCOS. I find that focusing on eating more meat, veggies and dairy (watch yogurt carbs) is easier than focusing on what NOT to eat. Pinterest has been my friend. I don't follow the keto diet but I do make some yummy keto meals that I find on there.
    Okay thank you for answering!