Piss head

Options
I am super disciplined in the week and find it easy to eat well. But most Saturday's I like a good piss up then really struggle on Sunday's to eat well b,coz I crave fatty foods. It really hinders me. If it wasn't for alcohol I would be ripped. Anyone know healthy hangover foods that could satisfy my needs?

Replies

• I fancy chicken soup with vegetables and noodles on such Sundays ;-).
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs, couple pieces of toast, orange juice, patty of turkey sausage. I'm rather... experienced in this field lol.
  • gothchiq
    Options
    Furthermore, to prevent hangovers or make them less bad, it helps to eat this same meal while you're still drunk, before you go to sleep, along with plenty of water and 2 aspirin. The eggs have a protein called Cysteine that is good for helping your liver recover. Also, if you get some milk thistle supplements, those also help in the process.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    >:) Anything with Caffeine will help a hangover. I like iced tea and then drink lots of water. Caffeine is a mild Diuretic and will help you piss out all the bad stuff that makes you feel like crap. Don't feel bad, I have the same problem on the weekends! Good luck to ya!
  • gothchiq
    Options
    Oh yeah, coffee is great too!
  • SmithVilla82
    Options
    Appreciate the help folks. Or another plan was to not drink at all but that New Years Resolution didn't last long.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Appreciate the help folks. Or another plan was to not drink at all but that New Years Resolution didn't last long.

That was my resolution. This past weekend was the first weekend I did not drink. LOL!

• BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    New years resolutions . . . pft. Absolutes (not Absoluts, *wink) never work. Better to aim at reduction rather than total elimination. Accomplish that goal first (with an actual set number of drinks per week), and then maybe, eventually go for total elimination.