Low cal chocolate treats

Options
What low cal chocolate bars are people having. Im currently having a milkyway. Under 70 cals a bar. But getting bored of them. I have about 2 or 3 a week to take away my craving haha

Replies

• La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i have to eat pure chocolate 80%+ cacao because i am allergic to soy and corn and almost every candy bar has one or both. i love chocolate with orange zest in it. YUM! i just eat a small bite so it's not many calories. honestly, i would probably rather eat one small square of really good high quality chocolate rather than a milky way, snickers, etc. even if allergies weren't an issue.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I bake stuff with chocolate in it, especially brownies or energy bites, bars. I'm also enjoying Lara Bars. I don't like candy much. But my chocolate bars of choice are Rocher, kit kat, and snickers. Mostly Halloween though for me.
  • Time2sow
    Time2sow Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    official chocoholic chiming in, but sparing you the whole shpeel on turning chocolate from a sin 'treat' to a medicinal daily must, ghiradelli (sp?) has ruined me for herseys, et al, with their baking chips. not as "fun" as a snickers mini with their unassuming blob form, but their chocolate is really superior and they have a 60% cocoa baking chip that's actually, as far as 'bad' chocolate (processed/sugared up) goes, almost healthy for you. something like 80 calories for a serving of.. maybe a half oz? the more milk you add to it the lower the calories will go (sugar content goes up, fat content from actual cocoa goes down) so that makes those foil wrapped treats seem like they're doing us a favor calorie-wise they stick it to us metabolically on the back end. oops. so much for saving yawl from the shpeel. : )

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Do you guys have chocolate probiotic balls? Low cal and delicious.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the ideas!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Dole Dippers - Frozen Chocolate covered bananas or strawberries. The strawberries are 60 cals a pack - the bananas are 100. So yummy. A nice little chocolate treat - w/a fruit bonus!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Kelloggs LCM Kaleidos bar. Chocolately and sweet and a decent size for 90 cals
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate totally hits the spot for me. I use some Belgian chocolate but I guess any other dark chocolate would work (yes, I prefer milk, but I'm more likely to want to eat more, while I'm satisfied with 50 calories worth of dark chocolate).

Kozy Shack puddings are delicious too.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    alpen light cherry bakewell bar 70 cals.
    kellogs chewy delight dark chocolate 98 cals.
    aldi moser+roth 80% dark choc with orange and burnt almond 135 cals per 25g mini bar.
  • LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Any sort of chocolate bar can be "low cal" if you just don't eat the whole bar. My regular treat are the salted caramel dark chocolate bars from Trader Joe's. I eat 1/2 a serving whenever I feel the urge, 115 calories and totally satisfying for me.
  • eaensmom
    eaensmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow makes some yummy treats. I've also tried the Special K Fudge Brownie which was pretty tasty as well. Special K also has the crispy bars, can't remember what they're called, but the Cookies n' Cream is good.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I keep a supply of mini chocolate bars. Most are 50 calories each. Right now, I have mini Twix, York Peppermint Patties, Three Muskateers and Mounds (those are 80 calories).

One hits the spot.

I also like Zen Chocolate Pudding with Almond Milk.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    cw106 wrote: »
    alpen light cherry bakewell bar 70 cals.
    kellogs chewy delight dark chocolate 98 cals.
    aldi moser+roth 80% dark choc with orange and burnt almond 135 cals per 25g mini bar.

I have a stash of those Moser Roth bars. The Orange/almond is my favorite!
  • snaapz
    snaapz Posts: 41 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My wife and I eat one almost everyday after dinner (see my diary)! Very satisfying for the amount of cals/carbs it is!! Sold at most grocery stores and drug stores. About $4 for 6 bars.

'Slim-Fast: Peanut Butter Crunch Time'

100 cals
    16 carbs
    4 fat
    1 protein

PeanutButterCrunch1866-110313.png

• Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have a few squares of Lindt Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt. Sweet and salty - how can you go wrong? Plus totally satisfying. I have 50-100 calories worth for dessert every night.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Chocolate pancakes. There's a mix by Urban Accents that's really good, but I'm sure there's an equally good homemade recipe out there and I'm going to start searching for it >:) . Anyway, I substituted low fat buttermilk for the whole milk in the recipe, and the pancakes were perfect. Dark chocolate flavor, very moist.

They're a little temperamental to cook - following my usual pancake cookery technique, I ended up with burnt outsides and completely raw insides. These need to be cooked on low, not medium heat for longer.

2 ~8" pancakes, 200 cals prepared per the package. I didn't figure out how much less mine were with the LF buttermilk.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    When I want chocolate I usually go for any type of snack sized bar, a cup of chocolate almond or soy milk, or a palmful of cocoa dusted almonds. Calories vary, but any of that is usually enough to satisfy my craving.
  • EatPaleoStyle
    Options
    clairehood wrote: »
    What low cal chocolate bars are people having. Im currently having a milkyway. Under 70 cals a bar. But getting bored of them. I have about 2 or 3 a week to take away my craving haha

Make your own and you will know the caloric content. Don't get fooled, low calorie chocolate bars are full of sugars, which is 79098 times worse than normal chocolate bars with fat.