Looking for new friends. I've got 100 pounds to lose.

I'm Emily, and I'm 21 years old. I've got about 100 pounds to lose. I played hockey for 14 years, and my diet consisted of anything I wanted. It didn't matter what I ate because I would burn it all off on the ice or in the weight room. After working my butt off the summer before my Senior year, I wasn't selected as Team Captain. It was crushing and made for a long season with a brand new coach and teammates I envied. After the hockey season was over I was wearing a size Medium, the smallest I'd ever been - because I worked 10 times harder to prove they'd made the wrong decision in Captains. It became easier to not work out after school once hockey was done and the college I chose didn't have it. I forgot that since I wasn't burning the same amount of calories, I couldn't eat the same amount of them eiher. Before I knew it, I'd become a 2XL. My best friend and my boyfriend have been supportive so far, but I'm looking for extra support on MFP. I don't like telling them what I've lost, I just sort of want to element of surprise when I've reached some of my goals. I'm excited to make new friends on here! Add me :)

Replies

• wildflower856
    wildflower856 Posts: 56 Member
    Add me :)
  • blancab09
    blancab09 Posts: 11 Member
    Add me
  • jmdg5141
    jmdg5141 Posts: 4 Member
    Feel free to add me. I am about 75% of the way there on 100 pounds. :)
  • PatinMich
    PatinMich Posts: 22 Member
    Add me, I have 245 pounds to lose and my grandson played hockey for years....I love the sport....I'm from Michigan but even if I wasn't, Redwings would be my favorite team....love Datsuyk!
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Add me! I'm 25 with 115 to lose. I know all about it. I was a swim team captain turned non-captain my senior year. I can't wait to wear a medium again!
  • ramseyarose
    ramseyarose Posts: 8 Member
    Add me !Im a motivator fitness instructor and recently realized just because you do cardio 7 times a week you cant eat whatever you want ! with as much as i teach at the gym per week and the combo of being calorie aware for the first time ever i have lost 6lbs since jan 5. I don't have a lot to lose but I know how to get it off ! I have convinced many of my class attendies to become calorie aware. It is working!
  • Feel free to add me. I also have a long way to go :)