Sweetaholic needing friends to lose 100+

Options

Replies

• nyghtrain
    Options
    Frostisall - Yes, sir! :)

girlviernes - Added! Sugar is definitely my kryptonite. Even after 20 days without it I crave it like crazy most days.

KKBr4D - Added! Long haulers for the win. We'll have to make sure to encourage each other.

mkultrando - The pleasure is mine. :) Added! Yeah, sugar, it's just the best thing ever, but so bad at the same time. I'm hoping to get to a point that I at least don't crave it so much that I can eventually have it in moderation, but we'll see.

joycejentges - Added! Yeah, I'm having the beginnings of health problem. Not bad yet, but it was a definitely a major factor. That and cute boots.

Heatherkw2014 - Accepted your request! Yeah, quitting was a struggle, hence why I quit sweets 5 days after quitting fast food and soda. For me it was a test of willpower. I decided to take it as a challenge, and it is definitely a challenge, but I feel proud of myself everyday I manage to not give in.

perikate - To motivation! Accepted your request. :) We're like food opposites, sweet and salty. lol It'll be great to compare how we overcomed our addictions. Glad to have you as a friend.

zoelina - Accepted! Since I work on the weekends, it's a bit easier, but during my days off I'm like, do I really have to watch what I eat. It would be so easy to get a candy bar. So I totally get you. We can do it!

deannacalkins - Added! Yes we can! I'm so excited. I hope to stay excited as I go whatever may come.

chrisfugier830 - Added! It's always great to have someone that you can workout with. Lots of luck to you and your girlfriend. We'll make it to the goal!

Bigumbum1 - Added! Here's to us losing and keeping it off!

joycejentges - Added! I know what you mean. I started having acid reflux and it's horrid! I can't wait until it's gone permanently. Ugh.
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm also 34, a sweetaholic, with a goal weight of 140...have another 45 pounds to lose..
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Anyone may add me, when I weight at my goal, I will have lost a total 105. This is my journey. I would be delighted to be your friend and encourage and support whomever else would like that morale.
  • taytay84
    taytay84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to be anyone's friend. So you can add me I have 100 pounds to lose. I am a sweet food junkie too. I just cut out sweets and gluten, I had already gave up soda and fast food well over a year ago. I am getting back on track.
  • cassandra884
    cassandra884 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda and fast food (but still have some on rare occasion) in July 2013 but sweets have been a consistent battle. I can not seem to get myself under control. I go a few days, binge, and repeat. It's terrible.
    I, too, need support. I've added you and welcome others to add me!
  • sncoombs
    Options
    Can totally relate to you ladies in every way! I have about 100 to lose!
    I'm a total chocolate/sweets junkie!
    Please add me - would love to support/have support through our battles! Xx
  • learnlaughlove
    learnlaughlove Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I for some reason can't add any of you (possibly because I am on my phone) but feel free to add me! We all need as much motivation and inspiration as we can!
  • ashley92188
    ashley92188 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Add me. I wanna lose atleast 100-120lbs
  • AmandaMMeister
    AmandaMMeister Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I am 32 years old and when I started my life style change at the beginning of the year I was 307lbs, I have dropped 14.4lbs and have many more to go. I have always been a chocoholic so that was my biggest struggle. Feel free to add me if you want, we can encourage each other.
  • lynzmc48
    Options
    Add me
  • chrissy7223
    chrissy7223 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey there, feel free to add me as I have just started out and need to lose over 60kg (not sure how many pound that is, but its a lot! Lol). Looking forward to hearing from you :-)
  • Jennyyouens
    Jennyyouens Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Add me please, I can diet well until the sugar cravings arrive :s
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I love sweet treats too, I've found some decent low-calorie substitutes as I'm not ready to quit cold turkey. Always happy to have new friends to share this journey with.
  • mom2aeg03
    mom2aeg03 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I am new here and am VERY addicted to sweets!! I have about 50 pounds to lose. All the support and motivation received would be great! You can do this nyghtrain!!
  • mcwhit
    mcwhit Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Add me! Sugar is my downfall....
  • nettem64
    nettem64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to lose quite a bit of weight also. I am a chocolate and carb addict. I can bypass candy as long as it is not chocolate. And I haven't meet a carb I didn't like. Add me.
  • shorshabae
    shorshabae Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hey I've got 50lbs to lose but I'd be really happy to join you on your journey, well done on recognising that this needs to be done and being brave enough to try!
  • aliciahollinger
    aliciahollinger Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    nyghtrain wrote: »
    Hi! I just joined myfitnesspal today, though I have been on my weight loss journey since January 1, 2015 (this year). I'm 34 years old and weight a whooping 314.4 lbs. My goal is to get to 140 lbs.

That's 175lbs I need to lose. I'm hoping to reach my goal in 2-3 years. So I need some friends that are in it for the long haul.

I already stopped eating fast food and drinking soda on Jan. 1. And I stopped eating sweets (which is painful) on Jan 5. My calories have dropped drastically, because sweets were my main food group. lol I know, terrible. So I struggle with cravings every day. But I'm determined and looking for support and people who I can support too.

Willpower is the best (even if it's a struggle). For me, I'm a person who has to cut cold turkey otherwise it won't happen. I don't like salty things, so I don't worry too much about chips and other stuff since I don't eat it.

So that's me. Want to be friends?

I started at 331 on 1/10/15. I'm looking at the same goal as you. I will friend request you, us long haulers need to stick together!! ;-)
  • Becky_LaBelle
    Becky_LaBelle Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've got about 80 pounds to go. I'm a complete sugar addict myself. Currently in rehab.
  • dashdiet2013
    dashdiet2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am also addicted to sugar and have about 133 pounds to lose. I have gone cold turkey before (most successfully while in OA many years ago), but I am currently eating it with mixed success. I really need the accountability and I like connecting with people who have similar goals/struggles. Welcome!