• KaytiWindham
    KaytiWindham Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you all I will up it to 1300 so it's in between 1000-1500
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Thank you all I will up it to 1300 so it's in between 1000-1500

Give it about a month-month and a half at 1,300. See how your body adjusts and reacts to it.
  • mandykent111
    mandykent111 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, 1000 seems a bit low. It's important that you are eating the right foods to help you lose the weight, but most important it's important to eat. Eating many small meals throughout the day will help boost your metabolism and help you lose the weight! Good luck!
  • mandykent111
    mandykent111 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Arliah wrote: »
    @Kaytiwindham Welcome to MFP :) I agree with what has been said here. 3 lbs per week is hard at best, and 1000 calories is way too low.
    I am 5.3, 152lbs right now and eat about 1200 a day. I am losing about 1lbs a week, and being an impatient person, this seems too slow sometimes. But I try to remind myself that losing weight in a healthy manner is a slow process but that the end result will be worth the effort. Good luck, and don't get discouraged!

Hi @arliah I feel the same way as you sometimes. I put in all of this work and the weight is VERY slowly coming off. However, we need to be patient. The weight didn't come overnight and it won't leave overnight!