Shout out to those who begin again even when it's soooo hard!

Options
Hey there!

I'm constantly starting over. I know it can be hard but at least I'm doing it.

Best to you!

~M.C. Turtle

Replies

• hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I started over on December 22nd and have lost 17 lbs so far just eating healthier and watching my macros and calories. It's kinda crazy because I tried to start over so many ties for a year and a half. Finally something just clicked. We can do it!!!
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Just don't deprive yourself of certain foods and you won't feel like you ever started again. Treat yourself to a burger once in a while..
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    The key is to make everything fit into your calorie count. If you want something, let yourself have it. Just eat less of it than you normally would have, and/or eat less other food throughout the day.

Also, be careful about your macros... too much sugar or sodium can be bad, so if you want something that is overly sweet or salty, just have a small amount so you stay within your range or only go over by a little bit.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Doing it is all that matters :)

I'm not usually cheesy like this, but I do like these, maybe you'll like them too:

- "Fall down seven times, stand up eight" - Japanese proverb

- "Whatever your past has been, you have a spotless future." - Melanie Gustafson (but I first saw it on an episode of Being Erica, fwiw. Still, it's good :) ).

Best to you too :)
  • cranden
    cranden Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's the hardest part! Thanks!
  • jfitz444
    jfitz444 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Rock star status!
  • Sacha3071
    Sacha3071 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I get you. I just started over again, myself. I had originally lost 25 pounds but then I lost my job and due to stress finances I fell off the wagon. Gained 10 pounds back too =( My life has since settled down and I'm determined to finish what I started.
  • stephiejean37
    stephiejean37 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I stopped and started again as of yesterday. We got this!
  • Wholelottaass
    Wholelottaass Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a complete start over. I even deleted my old account and started a new. So here goes...
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Re-started as of about a week ago. A few years ago, with this site, I got down to about 169 from a previous weight of about 213. Long story, but regained it all and then some. Re-started in July and got down to 199, had some issues and injuries, and I'm ready to go again. I'm at about 207 right now and frustrated that once again my first short-term goal is to drop below the 200s. That needs to stop. Let's go!
  • DEgal99
    DEgal99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Another restarting here! We can do this, as long as we keep trying, we'll keep going!
  • leshrew
    Options
    fifteen days into my restart and i refuse to give up this time good luck everyone keep going
  • Texalese
    Texalese Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Me too! Been starting out each week with good intentions then falling off. Not this week! Good luck everyone.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    15 days into my restart as well, the weeks go by pretty fast! keep at it!
    already down 6kg and not planning on stopping, mfh said he wouldnt talk to me if i stopped....lol but with his spanish temper, i believe him...he's devoted to this with me 100% to help me..whataguy <3
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Awe. <3:)
  • jyjacobs
    jyjacobs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just don't deprive yourself of certain foods and you won't feel like you ever started again. Treat yourself to a burger once in a while..

• MolassesCoveredTurtle
    Options
    For those who responded in the spirit of the OP, thank you for your awareness and sharing your ownexperiences.

I may send out some FRs based on the positivity out there! Please read my profile to see if you may like to view my journey.

Take care and best to you!

~M.C. Turtle
    tomatoey wrote: »
    - "Fall down seven times, stand up eight" - Japanese proverb

Loved this because it's exactly how I've been feeling...I'm tired but keep "getting up"
    Sacha3071 wrote: »
    I get you. I just started over again, myself...I fell off the wagon.

Man, sometimes it's like I've fallen off the 18-wheeler.
    cranden wrote: »
    It's the hardest part! Thanks!

Certainly feels like it at times.
    jfitz444 wrote: »
    Rock star status!
    We got this!
    So here goes...
    We can do it!!!
    bgorum wrote: »
    I'm ready to go again...Let's go!
    DEgal99 wrote: »
    ...we'll keep going!
    leshrew wrote: »
    i refuse to give up
    Texalese wrote: »
    Good luck everyone.
    keep at it!
    EAK_09 wrote: »
    <3:)

WOO HOO!!!

• danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I lost 11 pounds then I broke my ankle and my back went out--all over the holidays! I gained 4.5 and now I'm back at it. I figure as long as I keep restarting--and I don't let those breaks in between turn into months or years, then I'm doing good.
  • kaaabney
    kaaabney Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The point is your are starting over and not giving up!!! I'm also starting over as well. We can do this!!!
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    This is my third time starting over. On both previous occasions I've got to 150lbs and just completely lost the plot and stopped tracking. Of course I then put it all back on again (36lbs this time round).

This time feels different though. I'm including regular exercise and much healthier choices rather than just less of things. I'm also very aware to just keep going when I get back to 150lb again!

Good luck to everyone starting over. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!