Do you log tea?

Options
2»

Replies

• SamT0824
    SamT0824 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just log it as water if I don't add anything to it. If I add milk or sugar or honey I log that but not the tea. It doesn't have calories anyway.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I drink tazo green tea and count it as water since it's unsweetened. I only count it if I drink hot tea and add honey.
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    I log the milk in my tea but I don't bother adding the tea itself. (And TBH, the milk is an approximation.) It's such a small amount that it's just not worth it to me. But clearly, based on all the answers here, whatever works for you is good!
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I also drink unsweetened tea. I log tea without caffeine (i.e. herbal or decaf) as water. I don't log anything caffeinated (i.e. black tea or coffee) even though it's unsweetened.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I drink plain green tea and log it under my meals and snacks for tracking what I put in my body. I do not count it as my water.

Karen
  • dewy333
    dewy333 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If the tea you are using has caloric information on the container (some do), you can manually add the calories for that. Otherwise, I agree with most of the group here, if you are not adding anything else to it (milk, sugar, sweeteners, ect..); don't bother. Count it as water. Don't sweat the small stuff.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I have an entry for unsweet tea, but I don't normally log it since I use Equal to sweeten it. It does add sodium, but that's not one I'm worried about. If the box or bag or whatever you're using says 0 calories, I wouldn't worry about it unless there's a specific macro you need to monitor that it adds to.