No Weight Loss

Options
Hi,

I have previously lost almost a stone to get to my goal of 9 Stone using MyFitnessPal but this time around after Christmas I have been eating healthier, always being under my calorie goal, walking the pooch more and going to the gym - but I have weighed the same every week for 3 weeks - 9 Stone 5lbs.
I cant seem to get any weight loss results and it's driving me mad making me think theres not much point having this willpower (and it takes a lot as the husband is stick thin and eats SO much!) if it isn't going to make a difference.

Does anyone have any ideas / advice?

Replies

• PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    If you are objective about what's happening consider this; Is your body shape changing despite remaining the same weight? You will know notice how you feel, especially if you feel tighter and firmer, irrespective of whether your actual weight has changed. There are a lot of factors that can mean your weight remains static, even though your actual body shape is morphing into something fitter and firmer. It might be worth looking at all your measurements, not just weight and watching for changes there first. The weight will change in due course, but it doesn't necessarily have to happen in the first few weeks. Just my thoughts as its something similar to how I'm changing at the moment. Keep on working at it and you'll see the difference one way or another:) Add me if you want to keep in touch.
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like you log everyday, and there was one day when you only ate 700 calories. Try not to miss a day and make sure to log everything accurately. You need to hit that 1200 calorie goal!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    You are either a) eating more than you think, b) have too high of a calorie goal, c) are retaining water from working out more.

Eating healthy means nothing for weight loss, it's all about CICO. So if you are "eating healthy" but not properly logging then you can still wind up eating too many calories for your goals.

I'm going to guess that you are eating more than you think due to your poor logging. Not logging daily, not even meeting your daily goal when you do, etc. The few entries you do have, are you weighing your food? Measuring it? Are you double checking your entries to make sure they are correct?
  • sophiewaters143
    sophiewaters143 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    You are either a) eating more than you think, b) have too high of a calorie goal, c) are retaining water from working out more.

Eating healthy means nothing for weight loss, it's all about CICO. So if you are "eating healthy" but not properly logging then you can still wind up eating too many calories for your goals.

I'm going to guess that you are eating more than you think due to your poor logging. Not logging daily, not even meeting your daily goal when you do, etc. The few entries you do have, are you weighing your food? Measuring it? Are you double checking your entries to make sure they are correct?

I don't log at the weekend because I am so busy, but I do make conscious decisions / food swaps.
    During the week I'm normally pretty good at logging and when I do I scan the barcodes on the packaging or weigh my food out.
    I know I don't have too much to lose but I am not doing anything differently to last time (apart from excerising) so didn't understand why I wasn't seeing any change at all.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

I don't log at the weekend because I am so busy, but I do make conscious decisions / food swaps.
    During the week I'm normally pretty good at logging and when I do I scan the barcodes on the packaging or weigh my food out.
    I know I don't have too much to lose but I am not doing anything differently to last time (apart from excerising) so didn't understand why I wasn't seeing any change at all.

Making conscious decisions doesn't tell you squat about whether you are meeting your goals.

If you don't have much to lose then your goal should not be 1200 calories, and you should be eating to your goal every day so you can properly monitor changes in your weight/body composition. You are also still not logging properly - are you really only eating 200 calories some days? It takes a few minutes to log everything, I do it every day even if I am busy. So I think you need to not use your busy schedule as an excuse for not logging properly. And I'm still going to say you are eating more than you think you are.

I also see you've used generic database recipe entries. Make your own recipes, don't search for them in the database.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

It takes time.

Even if you don't think you're overeating, you could very well be. If you don't log accurately, you can't say for sure what's happening.