High protein, low carb, high potassium, non-dairy protein shake?

Options
Does anyone know if this exists? I am currently drinking the Atkins shakes, but the dairy upsets my stomach. I need the potassium because I tend to dip too low, even with a supplement.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks

Replies

• jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb egg white protein powder...unless eggs are considered dairy.
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestion. I'd actually be fine w egg protein, but the potassium is still a little low for me.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Whey powder, almond milk, and banana. Bananas are high in potassium. Also, try yogurt instead of milk to see if your body absorbs it better.
  • justamyagain
    Options
    d762n0kl68w2.png

this is what I'm currently drinking
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    halibut is HUGE, no carb, little fat, lots potassium, sockeye Salmon is also great.

I also supplement with NoSalt a bit now when My sodium intake is getting into 2500-3,000+ range on a day. It is basically potassium.
  • martiniconqueso
    martiniconqueso Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Not sure that a halibut shake is going to be the way to start the day. Your mileage may vary, of course . . .
  • justamyagain
    Options
    Not sure that a halibut shake is going to be the way to start the day. Your mileage may vary, of course . . .

Hahaha ya, no
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Whey powder, almond milk, and banana. Bananas are high in potassium. Also, try yogurt instead of milk to see if your body absorbs it better.

This. Try freezing your banana for your shake. It tastes like a milkshake, no joke and I have this for breakfast every day!
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I usually use whey, but I have used progressive brown rice protein powder which is quite good, also sun warrior.
  • justamyagain
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

This. Try freezing your banana for your shake. It tastes like a milkshake, no joke and I have this for breakfast every day!

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I am going to need to try this out!
  • justamyagain
    Options
    The only downfall is that it will double the calorie intake :neutral_face:
  • rcottonrph1
    Options
    But potassium powder and add it to the shake.
  • justamyagain
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Nutiva-Organic-Protein-16-Ounce-Container/dp/B001JU81ZG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422548382&sr=8-1&keywords=nutiva+hemp+protein+powder

Just found this hemp protein powder on Amazon. I'm going to mix it w almond milk and a banana, and hopefully it will work for me. Low cal, high protein, high fiber, and a good amount of potassium.
  • RealLifeDaria
    RealLifeDaria Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've really enjoyed Orgain Vegan Protein shakes.
  • ashes1017
    ashes1017 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Everyday I drink a vegan protein powder made by Phood. Or Vega. Both are really healthy and taste great. I make it with coconut milk or just water.
  • eatsyork
    eatsyork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You could find a protein powder sweetened with stevia, mix it with water, almond milk, or unsweetend coconut beverage, and then add and 1/8 tsp or so of potassium chloride (sold as No Salt, Nu Salt, and other brands). Before you supplement potassium you should confirm with your doctor that you need to, though. If you are judging your deficiency based on nutrition data then it must just say you aren't hitting target because potassium isn't required on labels so the nutritional info isn't often available. Or, if you have the calorie budget just eat avocados, bananas, potatoes, and coffee.
  • justamyagain
    Options
    This morning I made a shake w the Nutiva hemp protein, Trader Joe's vanilla almond milk, 1 banana, and frozen peaches and strawberries. It is delicious and the potassium is perfect. Yes, I do watch my potassium for medical reasons, and take a prescribed supplement as well.

Thank you everyone for all of the suggestions!