Fell off treadmill

Options
2»

Replies

• MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    ouch! that is one of my greatest fears actually - i rarely use the treadmill even though one of hte trainers at the gym keeps suggesting it to me.

listen to your body. if you are still sore, then you are still sore and i wouldn't get back on the treadmill till you're feeling better. and I would go back to the doctor in a few days if it's not getting better.
  • halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    At least you weren't going this fast when it happened:

http://www.today.com/news/nfl-players-25-mph-treadmill-run-wows-internet-6C10526378

Mike
  • glheureux56
    Options
    My right foot touched my left leg and knocked me off balance.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who was running on the treadmill. She had her headset on, was listening to, and watching, the baseball game. Her foot landed a bit off the track and onto the side of the treadmill. She said she flew backwards and landed in an unladylike heap on the ground.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I don't know how sore you are, but I think I'd try to keep walking slowly, outside if possible. Or maybe try walking in a pool? For me anyway, if I stop moving, I hurt even more. Good luck and I hope you heal quickly.
  • weightlossforbrian
    weightlossforbrian Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    OUCH!!! I did this once in middle school as a kid. I slammed into the wall. I was just a kid so I was able to jump right up and get back on.
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have fallen on/off mine as well. I am very clumsy (my mother and husband make a joke about me not being able to chew gum and walk at the same time haha) and I was trying to change the song on my ipod, looked down switched the song, then when I looked back up I just ... threw myself off balance and down I went. I landed on my *kitten*, thankfully, I have a lot of cushion back there but my left thigh hurt for about a week after. I just switched to walking for a few days following.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    i get bored on my treadmill real easy, so i put on dance music and dance away. Yes i've fallen before. Did it slow me down? Hell no! I got back on, a little slowly mind you, but had the speed back up in no time. I'm just a little more mindful of the width of my treadmill. If i were to get another one, i would get a wider one. But, I hope you feel better soon. If you're really worried, go to the dr and get yourself checked out just to be sure you didn't damage anything. If you're clear sailing, then get back on that thing but start real slow and work your speed up as you feel comfy enough. Your pride will get over it...don't worry. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    It's not your fault, man.

Treadmills are evil and tripping you is the least of your concerns.

Start running outdoors.

I havent hurt myself on a treadmill, but once I fell jogging outside and broke my elbow. I was out for 8 weeks from running. I promise your pride will heal. I did. I only run on treadmills now. I think its because I run looking upward and that was my problem running outside. I didnt see a wire hanger on the edge of the grass and sidewalk and the hanger hooked my foot and I went down on my elbow and fractured it. I have sense learned to just be very concious of what is going on around me while I am working out.
  • coffee4me57
    coffee4me57 Posts: 195
    Options
    I worry about falling every time I get on, it only takes a second for something to go wrong.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery both pride and body pain.
  • jeanine182
    jeanine182 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I fell on the treadmill today at the gym, i was trying to push myself the last 30 sec of my run and my left ankle just gave in and down I went. Hit my knee on the tred as well. My ego was bruised more than anything!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I was knocked off mine once when my german shepherd tried to jump on with me :/ he broke my fall mostly and I was back on immediately.
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, sounds awful!

I have a fear of this as well. My fear is falling off, then my hair getting caught in the belt.

I feel like it is going to happen now just from reading this post.

Heal fast and know that everyone around you was sympathizing with you and hoping to the heavens that it doesn't happen to them.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I fell off a few weeks ago. It was my fault bc I was trying to change the song on my ipod. I think I actually looked like something in a cartoon. My feet stumbling, my hands clawing at anything to prevent the fall, then I landed on my knees, on all fours, and flung off the back of treadmill. I just sat there for a minute, on the floor. Lol just dust yourself off and try it again ;)