Low cal chocolate treats

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    clairehood wrote: »
    What low cal chocolate bars are people having. Im currently having a milkyway. Under 70 cals a bar. But getting bored of them. I have about 2 or 3 a week to take away my craving haha

Make your own and you will know the caloric content. Don't get fooled, low calorie chocolate bars are full of sugars, which is 79098 times worse than normal chocolate bars with fat.

What 'normal' chocolate bar doesn't have sugar?
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have a few squares of Lindt Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt. Sweet and salty - how can you go wrong? Plus totally satisfying. I have 50-100 calories worth for dessert every night.

^ I LOVE Lindt Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt, it's only 48 cal each square and pair with a cup hot tea, it's an idea treat for me.

I recently discovered dipping a dark chocolate bar into peanut butter and eat just like that! It was soooooooo satisfying!!! of course it will cause you more calories but its so worth it if you have serious craving and have some calories to spare :p
  • ItsMe0909
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Chocolate pancakes.

These sound awesome. Do you eat them straight up?

• laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have a Freddo or another snack size Cadbury treat. Majority under 100 cals.
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My go to treat is Deep Chocolate Vitatops. I love chocolate and baked goods, and this just hits the spot for only 100 calories.
  • lisaw19855
    lisaw19855 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Slim fast chocolate bars are lush, or time out single fingers for 85 calories. I eat chocolate just not as much x
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I like the 90 cal Fiber One bars.
  • Gracious_Plum
    Gracious_Plum Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like alpro soya dark chocolate pudding pots, they are only about 115 calories but taste like a milk chocolate custard. Lovely!!!
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is usually low in calories compared to milk chocolate- I like Lindt and Ghirardelli.

fn96clq2573y.jpg
    The serving size and calories make it a very decent treat, in my opinion. 16 pieces for 170 calories.

Swiss Miss hot chocolate- they have a diet variety for 25 calories. I can tolerate it, but it seems to not dissolve very well. Other varieties are 80-110 calories and filling to boot.

The chocolate QuestBars.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    ItsMe0909 wrote: »
    Chocolate pancakes.

These sound awesome. Do you eat them straight up?

Yep. They're about as sweet as a 70% dark chocolate bar, so they don't really need anything extra, at least I don't think so. And this is supposed to be low-cal recommendations :wink:

I would imagine they'd be awesome with some chopped nuts, fruit, whipped cream, some nut butter ... just about anything that goes well with chocolate.
  • ItsMe0909
    Options
    Yep. They're about as sweet as a 70% dark chocolate bar, so they don't really need anything extra, at least I don't think so.

Thanks! Your note is helpful on the cook time. I looked this up online too, as I have a box of Aunt Jemima that I was contemplating trying something similar. :smile:

• Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I like having a hot chocolate after the kids go to bed. I use two scoops of nestle carnation rich and creamy plus one scoop of fry's cocoa powder (for an extra deep chocolatey kick) and a quarter cup of skim milk. Add boiling water and enjoy :) (123 calories per cup)
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a snack sized candy bar, but recently I have discovered Bear Naked bars. I <3 them, lol. The chocolate peanut butter is my fav.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    eaensmom wrote: »
    Skinny Cow makes some yummy treats. I've also tried the Special K Fudge Brownie which was pretty tasty as well. Special K also has the crispy bars, can't remember what they're called, but the Cookies n' Cream is good.

Are you referring to their thin crisps...those are good!

• EatPaleoStyle
    Options
    clairehood wrote: »
    What low cal chocolate bars are people having. Im currently having a milkyway. Under 70 cals a bar. But getting bored of them. I have about 2 or 3 a week to take away my craving haha

Make your own and you will know the caloric content. Don't get fooled, low calorie chocolate bars are full of sugars, which is 79098 times worse than normal chocolate bars with fat.

What 'normal' chocolate bar doesn't have sugar?

Anyone that is made without sugar... chocolate is a bean, then you need the fat, that makes the chocolate bar, the sugar is for taste, because real chocolate is quite bitter, taste like eating metal, I guess is the mineral content...
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't waste my calories on "cheap" chocolate. I always make sure I'm eating high quality -- at least 70% cocoa -- and as dark as possible.
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs with vanilla, a mashed banana, peanut butter and some stevia hot chocolate mix sprinkled through. TRUST ME.
  • txteachermom
    txteachermom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I second the Dole dippers. Also, 9 hershey kisses is one serving, and I find that it's just enough for me. Skinny cow fudgesicles. Weight Watchers chocolate creme cakes.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I eat whatever chocolate or candy I want; I just limit my intake. :) I'm having half a Hershey's bar for dessert tonight to appeal to my sweet tooth - 105 calories, 12g of sugar, 6.5g of fat. Good enough for me! Once in a while treat.

My favorite is Dove dark chocolate squares, though. <3 Just one is perfect to hold me over and satisfy the craving. Plus it's 40-44 cals.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I eat one of the Edy's (or Dreyer's, depending on where you live) slow-churned, individual cartons of either rocky road or caramel delight ice cream almost every night. They are 170/180 calories and are just the perfectly satisfying serving size. They are frequently on sale for $1 at my grocery store. I highly recommend using an ice cream spoon--it makes the whole yummy experience last longer. I look forward to this treat.