If I manage to avoid __________, I can stay on track with eating.

Options

Replies

• loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    "snacking after work, before dinner"

and after dinner. It wasn't uncommon for me to grab a snickers bar for my commute home, getting a slice a pizza before arriving home, having dinner, and then snacking (chips, pretzels, cookies, etc) throughout the evening. So I guess my blank would be "mindless eating".
  • jillianedwards
    jillianedwards Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Jalapeno cheddar Doritos!! And kettle cooked chips of the same flavor!
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    The only thing I cannot exercise portion control and moderation with (yet) is Triscuit (any variety). I won't trust myself to have them in the house for a while, then eventually I'll have to tackle that windmill :smile:
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    any quick snack cakes/protein bars/fiber one bars-- I could seriously eat the whole box-- or at least more than I'm supposed to. Over eat fiber bars and it could get scary.

That excludes Quest bars... but not because I don't want to eat them all, but because they are so darn expensive.

Instead I've been eating Orvilles Smart Pop popcorn-- the entire bag is 130 calories and I feel like I'm eating popcorn for a straight hour! Then I finish it off with a bite of dark chocolate.
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Pizza.

Also, good bread.
  • hsk1990
    hsk1990 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bread! I can't have it in the house!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    If I manage to avoid labeling any foods as good or bad, off limits or on limits, poison or not poison, then I can stay on track with my eating.
  • 1lsttyme
    1lsttyme Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    COKE.
    Chocolate. Right now I currently do not have the ability to not binge on chocolate.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. But I just bought some today, weighed it for my snack, and am giving myself a moderation challenge this week!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Vodka...
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If I manage to avoid injury and depression, and can continue to exercise 5-6 times a week, I'm golden. Eating right isn't a problem. Getting used to the kind of calories I can eat when I exercise, then being unable to even walk without pain... that puts a bit of a crimp in things.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    "Excess Calories" is the right answer in all situations, for all people.

MrM27 wrote: »
    Avoiding things

SLLRunner wrote: »
    If I manage to avoid labeling any foods as good or bad, off limits or on limits, poison or not poison, then I can stay on track with my eating.

All of this.

• DannieBeans
    DannieBeans Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pizza, chocolate & rum n coke.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Large portions in general.

Put a 6 pack in my fridge and order a whole pizza to my house and you might sabotage me.

...I'm participating in a biggest loser challenge at work...

It would be so sneaky if someone did that! Hahaha
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and Peanut Butter
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    If i manage to stay away from my mother in-law's house i could stay on track. but she cooks so damn good, and we're neighbors, so poo on that idea! :p
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    red wine
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Restrictions. If I make a lot of restrictions on what foods I can or can't have, I inevitably cave in. My brain registers that as a failure and being all or nothing I just give up for the day (or week) and that hinders my weight loss.
  • MistyinTN
    MistyinTN Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    breefoshee wrote: »
    any quick snack cakes/protein bars/fiber one bars-- I could seriously eat the whole box-- or at least more than I'm supposed to. Over eat fiber bars and it could get scary.

That excludes Quest bars... but not because I don't want to eat them all, but because they are so darn expensive.

Instead I've been eating Orvilles Smart Pop popcorn-- the entire bag is 130 calories and I feel like I'm eating popcorn for a straight hour! Then I finish it off with a bite of dark chocolate.

I'm the exact same. I had to stop buying Clif peanut butter crunch protein bars. I absolutely love them and can eat the entire box in one sitting.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Sweets of any kind with added sugar...ice cream, cake, cookies, etc. And bread, pizza, pasta. Basically...most carbs other than fruits and veggies. If I eat a little, I get massive cravings for more. The only thing that works consistently for me is to never have them at home.

If I want them, I have them when I'm out...at a restaurant or at a social event. Then it is easy to control and eat a small amount and be satisfied. I have these things as an occasional treat, not as a regular part of my daily diet.