Question about American Sniper...(spoiler alert)

Options

Replies

• the_jon
    the_jon Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    the_jon wrote: »
    I'm well convinced that Clint Eastwood only does movies to as an outlet for all his racist thoughts. Seriously, name one Clint Eastwood movie in the last 15 years that didn't have some racial slurs, sexism and bigotry in it. Can't be done.
    American Sniper was a cool flick though

He was friends with black people in Gran Torino. So your arguement is invalid.

so being friends with black people makes someone not racist?

Yes, isn't that how it goes?
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    What a terrible movie, just another "USA is number 1!!!" Garbage....

What are you? Some kind of commie?

Just saying we get it, all the other countries on the planet understand that you guys THINK you're cool but we see insecurity in it...
    You're from an imaginary country. If you see insecurity, it's because you're projecting.
  • the_jon
    Options

Just saying we get it, all the other countries on the planet understand that you guys THINK you're cool but we see insecurity in it...
    You're from an imaginary country. If you see insecurity, it's because you're projecting.

Countries that aren't the good ole US of A only exist because we allow them to.
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Apparently the real and back up babies were sick the day of the shoot so they had to improvise. https://www.yahoo.com/movies/3-steps-to-avoiding-the-american-sniper-plastic-108673776102.html
  • the_jon
    Options
    Apparently the real and back up babies were sick the day of the shoot so they had to improvise.

They only had one back up baby? Psh, noobs.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    aren't movies required to have twins and alternate filming like every 30 seconds or 2 mins?

FWIW I think I heard a rumor that Full House really only wanted Ashley...
  • the_jon
    Options
    I heard there was a 3rd Olsen twin, but they fed her to Jessie Stamos to preserve his dashing good looks for the next 30 years.
  • the_jon
    Options
    And yes, I called him Jessie Stamos. What about it?
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

Typical American...

• the_arghbowl
    the_arghbowl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm well convinced that Clint Eastwood only does movies to as an outlet for all his racist thoughts. Seriously, name one Clint Eastwood movie in the last 15 years that didn't have some racial slurs, sexism and bigotry in it. Can't be done.

They start as asian and then morph into being black. It's science n shiz.
  • the_arghbowl
    the_arghbowl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Me, everytime I watch a clint eastwood movie.

5KGgu.gif

Wrong. That's me when we kik, big boi.
  • the_jon
    Options

They start as asian and then morph into being black. It's science n shiz.

Wait, aren't asians black? I'm so confused by all the colors.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Typical American...
    Don't you have someone you need to go apologize to?
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options

Did you see the movie? It's nothing about USA being number 1...you are just bitter because you are Canadian and will always be second to the great USA!!!
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options

Typical American...

You could go to the doctor and have your feelings checked for free if she cut you too deep.
  • millerdelorme
    Options
    I'm just here for the comments....should have popped some popcorn.
  • the_jon
    Options
    SorBK.gif
  • mrsmartinez99
    mrsmartinez99 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I interpreted it as his brother was fine...just fed up with the war and traumatized by everything he had seen or been through. I thought the scene was meant to illustrate the difference between Chris's state of mind...he truly believed in what he was doing and felt he was doing good...and his brother and many others who saw the pointlessness of it and no longer believed it was helping anything. I think Chris just couldn't relate to or understand that mindset.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    nm