Whey Protein - I'm clueless

Options

Replies

• runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Isopure whey protien. Best as superior metabolism booster better for women. Whey fuels the growth of calories hungry lean muscle mass. Sipping whey protien in the morning first thin revs fat burn! Zero carb zero sugar zero aspartame zero gluten. ISOPURE has many different flavors and great prices found on www.puritanspride.com
    Good luck

No, just no.

What are you saying No to. Can you clarify? I take Isopure and I'm curious what was in the post that made you say No to. Was it Overall Recommendation to "Isopure"?

EDTA : Or was it "metabolism booster"? Isopure whey Protein doesn't claim any of that.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    Isopure whey protien. Best as superior metabolism booster better for women. Whey fuels the growth of calories hungry lean muscle mass. Sipping whey protien in the morning first thin revs fat burn! Zero carb zero sugar zero aspartame zero gluten. ISOPURE has many different flavors and great prices found on www.puritanspride.com
    Good luck

No, just no.

What are you saying No to. Can you clarify? I take Isopure and I'm curious what was in the post that made you say No to. Was it Recommendation to "Isopure"?

Isopure protein is good- I'm thinking it was a no to all the other claims in the post. That's at least why I said no.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    When I buy whey protein I have main five-criteria I look for:
    1. Cost per serving and how much protein per serving;
    2. How many overall servings;
    3. Taste (Chocolate always);
    4. Is it a propriety formula? If so, avoid;
    5. How easy does it mix in a mixer bottle?
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Good luck

No, just no.

What are you saying No to. Can you clarify? I take Isopure and I'm curious what was in the post that made you say No to. Was it Recommendation to "Isopure"?

Isopure protein is good- I'm thinking it was a no to all the other claims in the post. That's at least why I said no.

I agree. I would too. It's a good whey protein but all that other claims in the post I never heard of.
    I take Zero Carb Isopure because I'm required to for my medical condition. And hence I'm curious.
  • Azexas
    Options
    Good luck

No, just no.

I agree. I would too. It's a good whey protein but all that other claims in the post I never heard of.
    I take Zero Carb Isopure because I'm required to for my medical condition. And hence I'm curious.

If I'm in GNC or Vitamin shoppe I'll pick up one of the Isopure black teas that they have in the cooler- they are pretty tasty.
  • mandykent111
    mandykent111 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am somewhat new at this too, but a good friend that is a national bikini competitor told me to look for protein powder that has close to 30g of protein per scoop, 25 is ok too. And under 5g of carbs per scoop, under 2g of sugar per scoop, and approx 130 calories per scoop. Hope this helps!
  • rodrom85
    Options
    Hi @jessicafg,

If you are looking for a diet friendly Whey you should definitely try out ISO-100 by Dymatize.

As far as purchasing I recommend bodybuilding.com best prices in the market, def blows GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, other commercial stores out of the water with pricing.

Great tasting product that delivers results.
  • chayleah
    chayleah Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Trutein offers samples for 1.99 plus free shipping. I am currently trying the samples because I hate spending $20-30 to find out I hate the flavor.
  • Azexas
    Options
    ^^ agree with looking for samples.

Cellucor and Bodybuilding.com have sample packs of protein powders you can try pretty cheap. I'm sure the local GNC/ Vitamin shoppe/ Vitamin World does too. Shoot for sample packs that way your not out 30-50 bucks and stuck with a protein powder you don't like.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    ^ Gold Standard whey

Regarded by many as a top notch product. available on amazon or GNC

Or at Costco, where I buy it. I like because it's a fine powder that isn't gritty, doesn't develop a weird texture when heated, and has about the most protein for the least amount of calories.

• 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition Gold Standard Whey is on sale at 24 hour fitness for 1 more week at 49.99 for the 5 pound tub. It meets your requirements. Or find it online. I have used a ton of different protein powders and it is my favorite by far. It mixes very well with milk or in your case water. The 5 pound tub has 77 servings at 24 grams of protein per scoop. So it is less that $1 per scoop. You don't need a supplement, but I prefer to drink one right after a workout. It makes getting my required protein requirements pretty simple and allows for a bit more flexibility in the rest of the days eating.
  • capecodgirl1
    capecodgirl1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    [quote="cincreased

pecodgirl1;31025053"]Isopure whey protien. Best as superior metabolism booster better for women. Whey fuels the growth of calories hungry lean muscle mass. Sipping whey protien in the morning first thin revs fat burn! Zero carb zero sugar zero aspartame zero gluten. ISOPURE has many different flavors and great prices found on www.puritanspride.com
    Good luck

No, just no.[/quote]
    I am sorry you don't agree with what I wrote. I'm not a doctor just someone who is reiterating what i read regarding whey. This was based on a Boston University study and a Dr.Jakubowicz wrote about whey .
    Good luck

No, just no.

Along with Boston University, Dr jakubowics, Illinois University all agreed that whey improves insulin response, up shifts metabolism,lower cholesteral, fewer body aches, clearer skin, and deeper sleep. Again, just responding with knowledge from what I read in an article about whey protien and passing it on. People should not take this site as medical advice or the holy grail. Please get a doctors advise on any and all before your journey with weight loss.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    chayleah wrote: »
    Trutein offers samples for 1.99 plus free shipping. I am currently trying the samples because I hate spending $20-30 to find out I hate the flavor.

I agree with samples. I have about 20lbs of protein powder right now, and at least half of it I'm not a huge fan of. Learn from my mistakes; look for samples...
  • capecodgirl1
    capecodgirl1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    [quote="cincreased

pecodgirl1;31025053"]Isopure whey protien. Best as superior metabolism booster better for women. Whey fuels the growth of calories hungry lean muscle mass. Sipping whey protien in the morning first thin revs fat burn! Zero carb zero sugar zero aspartame zero gluten. ISOPURE has many different flavors and great prices found on www.puritanspride.com
    Good luck

No, just no.
    I am sorry you don't agree with what I wrote. I'm not a doctor just someone who is reiterating what i read regarding whey. This was based on a Boston University study and a Dr.Jakubowicz wrote about whey .
    Good luck

No, just no.

Along with Boston University, Dr jakubowics, Illinois University all agreed that whey improves insulin response, up shifts metabolism,lower cholesteral, fewer body aches, clearer skin, and deeper sleep. Again, just responding with knowledge from what I read in an article about whey protien and passing it on. People should not take this site as medical advice or the holy grail. Please get a doctors advise on any and all before your journey with weight loss.

Can we see
    . I'm sorry I do not have the article even what magazine it was in to be honest. But it is what I read...But, I imagine if your that interested google the doctor or Universities with whey protien in the search engine you might get the same information. Again, I was just reiterating what I read.
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My SO and I are both on the keto diet. We are both using Dymatize Nutrition Iso-100 hydrolized whey protein isolate. I love the chocolate because I can add fats to it and make a delicious "chocolate shake" for those days when I just can't stomach any more solid foods. I'm also coming off of 26 years without eating any meat apart from seafood, so I'm sure that has something to do with the "sick of chewing" thing (part of the reason I dropped most meats in the first place).

The Iso-100 whey is super low in carbs because it's sweetened with sucralose (chocolate) and sucralose + stevia (vanilla). There are other flavours, but I'm a chocoholic. My SO uses the vanilla.

My SO lifts heavy.
    I lift 10 lb dumbbells.

-T.
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    jessicafg wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone offer advice about Whey powder?

I'm looking to find one that is low fat, with <5g of carbs & between 15-20g of protein per serving

I've checked out a few online brands and they have loads of sugar or fat in them, I'm not looking to bulk out just supplement a meal.

Any shouts let me know & ideally something that tastes nice

Thanks in advance

Protein World slenderblend is really good! It's 146 cals, 2g carb, 2g fat and about 18 protein I think! The banana and strawberry flavours are lush!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    jessicafg wrote: »
    Hi, I'm planning to use it to supplement my protein intake. I do eat a balanced diet with lots of veg, so I'm looking for a protein shake to start my day & metabolism off. I'm eating small meals very 3 hrs so it's just a quick meal

A balanced diet contains enough protein?
    Your metabolism doesn't shut down?
    Meal timing is... huh?
    :s
  • sazzyb_
    sazzyb_ Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Matrix nutrition (anabolic gold) is the best protein I've ever used, you can have half a scoop if you're conscious of calories and still get 20g of protein. And chocolate mint tastes insanely good!!